Cast Iron Cookware - Seasoning

Yorky

RIP 21/01/2024
Local time
9:17 PM
Copied from another thread:

I got a sizzle plate for Christmas - you will probably need to season the cast-iron before using.

I have seasoned a cast iron pan and a wok in the past. However, I did check on the net and the consensus appears to be "coat with a thin layer of vegetable oil and place in the oven upside down at 200 degC for 30 minutes. Then do it again and again, and again".

I have not received my sizzler plate yet but am I heading in the right direction?

(My previously seasoned pan and wok were just coated with oil and heated on the gas hob until the oil was smoking)

Copied from another thread:

I have seasoned a cast iron pan and a wok in the past. However, I did check on the net and the consensus appears to be "coat with a thin layer of vegetable oil and place in the oven upside down at 200 degC for 30 minutes. Then do it again and again, and again".

I have not received my sizzler plate yet but am I heading in the right direction?

(My previously seasoned pan and wok were just coated with oil and heated on the gas hob until the oil was smoking)

I just used the latter approach for my sizzle plate but I'm no expert!

It's arrived now and currently drying on the stoep from a good "soap-less" wash.

sizzling plate s.jpg

Back
Top Bottom