Cauliflower Anyone?

My wife makes a cauliflower broccoli cream soup. It is fantastic. But she doesn't use recipes she just throws stuff together

Touche @detroitdad ... I have said many times that making soup is an art, not a science. Soup is all about getting the ingredients to work well together. Creamy cauliflower & broccoli soup sounds awesome.

Surprise your guests. How about some PURPLE cauliflower (faux) mashed potatoes, rice, soup, etc.?

cauliflower1.jpg

Periodically, I look for purple cauliflower in the metro Detroit area, and I'm always disappointed. They have orange, white, and green, but that's it for the cauliflower color spectrum.

Sadly it doesn't taste any different from white (in my experience) but it does look dramatic on the plate.

Periodically, I look for purple cauliflower in the metro Detroit area, and I'm always disappointed. They have orange, white, and green, but that's it for the cauliflower color spectrum.

I shop online and noticed they have all the colors here. Was unable to post their pics. The light lime green (broccoflower} had a mild broccoli taste. Have not tried the other colors yet.

Back
Top Bottom