Cauliflower crust pizza

Supermarkets here are now selling par-cooked cauliflower rice (some plain, some flavoured) in packs with instructions that it must be made immediately the pack is opened and cannot be reheated. They also sell cauliflower couscous. Both sound equally disgusting :sick:

What is the difference between cauliflower rice and couscous. Surely they are both made made of the whizzed up cauliflower florets. Neither appeals to me either - it might if it wasn't supposed to be a substitute for rice/couscous.

So the rice version is just less blitzed than the couscous version? It is just blitzed cauliflower at the end of the day.
Shop bought reconstituted is probably blitzed, dehydrated, shaped with filler added to hold together and then vacuum packed or similar... But I would hazard a guess at the ingredients being more or less identical tbh! Not that I've seen either let alone tried them. But when I made the pizza crust version it was steamed and compressed to remove as much water/moisture as possible. Most of the cauliflower taste and smell was in the water not the mash that you were left with so there wasn't a huge cauliflower taste to the pizza crust which worked very well.

I'll have to make it again soon. It would be nice and would keep the calories down now that I'm dieting (need to get 10kg off). Perhaps it will find is easy onto next week's menu...

Shop bought reconstituted is probably blitzed, dehydrated, shaped with filler added to hold together and then vacuum packed or similar..
Not the kind I am talking about (and, I think, the one @Elawin referred to) which is sold in the fresh vegetable section of the supermarkets and is definitely raw blitzed cauliflower. Here are the types I found:

This one is simply 100% raw cauliflower blitzed:

IDShot_540x540-19.jpg

Again simply raw cauliflower
419219.jpg

As is this frozen version.

IDShot_540x540-20.jpg

I also found this one which is vac-packed and has longer shelf life
Ingredients Parcooked Cauliflower (100%):
IDShot_540x540-18.jpg

So sometimes its called rice and sometimes couscous....

Not the kind I am talking about (and, I think, the one @Elawin referred to) which is sold in the fresh vegetable section of the supermarkets and is definitely raw blitzed cauliflower. Here are the types I found:

This one is simply 100% raw cauliflower blitzed:

View attachment 12768

Again simply raw cauliflower
View attachment 12771

As is this frozen version.

View attachment 12769

I also found this one which is vac-packed and has longer shelf life
Ingredients Parcooked Cauliflower (100%):
View attachment 12767

So sometimes its called rice and sometimes couscous....
It was the Tesco ones I was referring to, but wasn't give the option of a frozen pack. That doesn't mean that they don't do it in our local store though.

Wow, what a PITA to fire up the pizza oven, kind of makes it not even worth spending the money to build. The fire bricks and all the high heat stuff to build to code here is $$$.
Here you go, a much better picture of the word fired pizza oven... Don't think any code was adhered to!

DSC_0292.JPG
DSC_0295_h600.jpg

Back
Top Bottom