Celebrity Chefs

@MypinchofItaly

I am a grand fan of Three Michelin Star Antonino Cannavacciuolo .. He is absolutely amazing .. The Castle in which he is a Chef, is simply spectacular .. Lovely Gentleman too ..

I am afraid I do not know of the others mentioned ..

@Francesca Yes Antonino Cannavacciuolo is a Big chef and so amazing. He lives near Lago Maggiore in a wonderful location.
Chef Rubio and B.Parodi are known only in Italy I think :happy:

@MypinchofItaly & @ElizabethB

Three Michelin Star Food Designer Antonino Cannavacciuolo is a magician ! And the restaurant on Lake Maggiore is absolutely incredible .. It is a resort and spa Hotel .. My husband and I had a truly enchanting and unforgettable 3 day 2 night stay there ..

He is one of the best Chefs in Italy !

I am also a grand fan of: Milanese Enrico Crippa Three Michelin and 2 Michelin Giovanni Perbellini in Verona .. He is a true Jewel and The Amalfi región of Sorrentino, The Relais & Chateaux Don Alfonso 1890 .. Truly a lovely family too ..

I am sorry, Chef Rubio and Parodi do not ring a bell however, I shall check out ..

Have a great weekend ..

"Years ago"...watched "Emeril Live" religiously...actually made a cookbook of his recipes that was 4 inches thick. Gradually lost interest because recipes had a hard to find ingredient..expensive single use ingredient and/or tooooo filing.

Now, it's "Ina Garten"...recipes are fairly simple and , obviously, very tasty...have 2 of her cookbooks.

"Years ago"...watched "Emeril Live" religiously...actually made a cookbook of his recipes that was 4 inches thick. Gradually lost interest because recipes had a hard to find ingredient..expensive single use ingredient and/or tooooo filing.

Now, it's "Ina Garten"...recipes are fairly simple and , obviously, very tasty...have 2 of her cookbooks.

I do watch Ina Garten. She is very straightforward and unlike a lot of American cooking show presenters, she doesn't shout. I'm sorry if that sounds prejudiced but I have a thing about presenters (and contestants in cooking shows) who shout and rant excitedly. I prefer a quiet considered approach which the Barefoot Contessa definitely has. :)

Although not a Louisiana native Emeril has become a "Home Boy".

Ina is lovely. I frequently research her recipes.

BTW she live on an Estate in the Hamptons - VERY high end.

I do watch Ina Garten. She is very straightforward and unlike a lot of American cooking show presenters, she doesn't shout. I'm sorry if that sounds prejudiced but I have a thing about presenters (and contestants in cooking shows) who shout and rant excitedly. I prefer a quiet considered approach which the Barefoot Contessa definitely has. :)

I am with you on that, I really cannot get on with over the top shouting and whooping over food or anything else for that matter :headshake:

As much as I admire Gordon Ramsay as a chef I refuse to watch Hell's Kitchen - screaming, hollering and every other word is an f bomb. I do watch his Master Chef series - he contains himself and behaves like a gentleman.

We are watching the series Rick Stein road trip to Mexico, the 1st couple of episodes were of him driving across America on his way to the border, this week he was in Mexico itself and so far it hasn't tickled my tastebuds-fresh fish and tacos, very nice but there must be more to their cuisine than just tacos.

We are watching the series Rick Stein road trip to Mexico, the 1st couple of episodes were of him driving across America on his way to the border, this week he was in Mexico itself and so far it hasn't tickled my tastebuds-fresh fish and tacos, very nice but there must be more to their cuisine than just tacos.
I haven't seen the latest one yet but did see the previous ones. I agree - I haven't been inspired by what he has presented. Nice car though!!!

I was never very keen on avocado, but now I seem to have gone off it altogether, and crushed avocado on toast would be the last thing I'd try. Sorry, Nigella. I'm also not very keen on the chefs who never seem to think past fish for practically every TV show, even though their cookery books are full of recipes for other foods.

Although when you hear her talk about this and also more recently the fig and parma toastie, she does say they are not recipes just ideas for putting thinks together that she enjoys and things others would.

I'm not an avocado fan so I guess I just skip over those recipes, along with all the others that don't appeal to me (blue cheese :sick:). Different strokes for different folks. I can't bear James Martin but he seems super popular for reasons I can't understand.:woot:

I can't bear James Martin but he seems super popular for reasons I can't understand.
I'm a fan of his but I like Nigella too. He is pretty down to earth and his recipes do work. The chef (I'm not sure he really is a chef) I really dislike is Hugh Fearnley- Whittingstall (or Huge Furry Whipping Stool) as I often call him. :giggle:

Back
Top Bottom