Celebrity Chefs

Although when you hear her talk about this and also more recently the fig and parma toastie, she does say they are not recipes just ideas for putting thinks together that she enjoys and things others would.

I'm not an avocado fan so I guess I just skip over those recipes, along with all the others that don't appeal to me (blue cheese :sick:). Different strokes for different folks. I can't bear James Martin but he seems super popular for reasons I can't understand.:woot:

I love blue cheese :hungry:

I'm a fan of his but I like Nigella too. He is pretty down to earth and his recipes do work. The chef (I'm not sure he really is a chef) I really dislike is Hugh Fearnley- Whittingstall (or Huge Furry Whipping Stool) as I often call him. :giggle:

Hugh is ok but I don't like him lecturing us on what we should and shouldn't eat, I appreciate that animal welfare is important but if you are on a low wage with kids to feed, cheap mass produced chickens etc.. are a better option. I am sure he has been called worse :giggle:

Hugh is ok but I don't like him lecturing us on what we should and shouldn't eat, I appreciate that animal welfare is important but if you are on a low wage with kids to feed, cheap mass produced chickens etc.. are a better option. I am sure he has been called worse :giggle:

There was one classic moment on one of his shows where he experimented with eating garden slugs. It was not a success! :sick:

Emeril Lagasse is from Fall River, Massachusetts. We enjoyed watching the "Two Fat Ladies", Nigella Watson, and Jamie Oliver. I have a love/hate thing with Gordon Ramsey and since he has joined the fraternity of afternoon "sensation" show hosts, Robert Irvine is off my list. I tend to like Rick Moonen for his knowledge of seafood cooking, Rick Bayless for his knowledge of Mexican regional cuisine and Prudhomme, Best, Folse, Wilson and Lagasse for Cajun and Creole cooking. Can't forget Jacques Pepin and I use to skip school to watch Julia.

@CraigC

I have always loved Julia. Her shows were produced live. There was no editing for mistakes. I remember turkey episode. She dropped the turkey! She never missed a beat. She picked it up, wiped it off and continued with her presentation.

I am also love/hate with Ramsey. I used to watch Irvine's "Restaurant Impossible". He is not a chef that I research for ideas or recipes. Not impressed.

I like Ina Garten for her ideas of simple entertaining. I have used many of her recipes. I don't watch her show but I do reference Giada de Laurentiis for ideas. When we cut back on the cable service I lost "Extra Virgin". My favorite recipe for Spaghetti a la Puttanesca.

When we travel I research Celebrity Chef restaurants.

We were in Las Vegas a couple of years ago and dined at Mario Batali's restaurant - divine. Emerile - love his food and love his restaurants. John Besh - use his recipes and have eaten at several of his restaurants. I love the diversity of his cooking styles. Of course all of his restaurants are farm to table. So sad that he is now shamed.

I have John Folse's cookbook "Hooks, Lies and Alabies" Love it. Another "go to" for ideas.

There are many others that I research for inspiration.

Oh - Bobby Flay - I do not like him but his a "Grill Master". We ate at one of his restaurants - very expensive burgers - the best burgers we have ever eaten.

@CraigC

I have always loved Julia. Her shows were produced live. There was no editing for mistakes. I remember turkey episode. She dropped the turkey! She never missed a beat. She picked it up, wiped it off and continued with her presentation.

I am also love/hate with Ramsey. I used to watch Irvine's "Restaurant Impossible". He is not a chef that I research for ideas or recipes. Not impressed.

I like Ina Garten for her ideas of simple entertaining. I have used many of her recipes. I don't watch her show but I do reference Giada de Laurentiis for ideas. When we cut back on the cable service I lost "Extra Virgin". My favorite recipe for Spaghetti a la Puttanesca.

When we travel I research Celebrity Chef restaurants.

We were in Las Vegas a couple of years ago and dined at Mario Batali's restaurant - divine. Emerile - love his food and love his restaurants. John Besh - use his recipes and have eaten at several of his restaurants. I love the diversity of his cooking styles. Of course all of his restaurants are farm to table. So sad that he is now shamed.

I have John Folse's cookbook "Hooks, Lies and Alabies" Love it. Another "go to" for ideas.

There are many others that I research for inspiration.

Oh - Bobby Flay - I do not like him but his a "Grill Master". We ate at one of his restaurants - very expensive burgers - the best burgers we have ever eaten.

There is a show called "Pitmasters", one of the judges is Myron Mixon from Jack's Old South BBQ. That man has a very high opinion of himself and can be very onry at times, but the man has won so many BBQ compitions and knows what he is doing. I have his book and let me tell you, he is well know for his "cupcake chicken thighs". Bobby Flay wouldn't stand a chance against him in a BBQ showdown.

36788-albums1069-picture6921.jpg

There is a show called "Pitmasters", one of the judges is Myron Mixon from Jack's Old South BBQ. That man has a very high opinion of himself and can be very onry at times, but the man has won so many BBQ compitions and knows what he is doing. I have his book and let me tell you, he is well know for his "cupcake chicken thighs". Bobby Flay wouldn't stand a chance against him in a BBQ showdown.

36788-albums1069-picture6921.jpg

An interesting way to present chicken thighs. I can see how that can be made! I may do my own version...

I'm a fan of his but I like Nigella too. He is pretty down to earth and his recipes do work. The chef (I'm not sure he really is a chef) I really dislike is Hugh Fearnley- Whittingstall (or Huge Furry Whipping Stool) as I often call him. :giggle:
Nooo! Don't dis Hugh! He's a really nice bloke (yes, I have met him) and he is really passionate about food ethics.

Back
Top Bottom