Recipe Celeriac & Potato Rösti (w/ Poached Egg)

TastyReuben

Nosh 'n' Splosh
Staff member
Local time
2:50 PM
Celeriac & Potato Rösti (w/ Poached Egg)

Ingredients
300g celeriac, peeled
1 medium Maris Piper potato (about 100g), peeled
1 TB plain flour
2 spring onions, finely sliced
spray oil
3 eggs

Directions
Coarsely grate the celeriac and potato into a large, clean tea towel and, holding over the sink, squeeze out as much moisture as possible from the mixture. Tip into a bowl and stir through the flour, spring onions and plenty of seasoning.

Heat a large frying pan and spray lightly with oil. Form the mix into 6 patties, each about 12cm wide and 1cm thick. Fry in batches, if necessary, for 2-3 minutes or until golden underneath. Flip and fry for another 2-3 minutes until again golden underneath and cooked through. Keep warm in a low oven while you poach the eggs.

Fill a deep frying pan with gently simmering water. Crack the eggs into a small cup, one at a time, then drop gently into the water. Poach for 2-3 minutes or until the whites have just set. Scoop out with a slotted spoon and drain briefly on kitchen paper.

Recipe courtesy of olivemagazine.com

NOTE: I used a Yukon Gold potato in place of the Maris Piper potato, and I used peanut oil with a little bacon grease instead of the cooking spray.

https://www.cookingbites.com/thread...enge-root-vegetables.23933/page-7#post-296453

Celeriac & Potato Rösti (w/ Poached Egg)

Ingredients
300g celeriac, peeled
1 medium Maris Piper potato (about 100g), peeled
1 TB plain flour
2 spring onions, finely sliced
spray oil
3 eggs

Directions
Coarsely grate the celeriac and potato into a large, clean tea towel and, holding over the sink, squeeze out as much moisture as possible from the mixture. Tip into a bowl and stir through the flour, spring onions and plenty of seasoning.

Heat a large frying pan and spray lightly with oil. Form the mix into 6 patties, each about 12cm wide and 1cm thick. Fry in batches, if necessary, for 2-3 minutes or until golden underneath. Flip and fry for another 2-3 minutes until again golden underneath and cooked through. Keep warm in a low oven while you poach the eggs.

Fill a deep frying pan with gently simmering water. Crack the eggs into a small cup, one at a time, then drop gently into the water. Poach for 2-3 minutes or until the whites have just set. Scoop out with a slotted spoon and drain briefly on kitchen paper.

Recipe courtesy of olivemagazine.com

NOTE: I used a Yukon Gold potato in place of the Maris Piper potato, and I used peanut oil with a little bacon grease instead of the cooking spray.

Bacon grease! :bravo:

Yah, and radish is another root vegetable. Just sayin'. I kinda like the idea of the crisp salad cutting the fatty, creaminess from the rosti and egg?

Back
Top Bottom