• Ginger cut into thin strips1 inch piece
  • Fresh mint leaves torn a few
  • Fresh coriander leaves torn a few
  • Milk 1/2 cup
  • Rose water a few drops
  • Eggs boiled and sliced 4
Method
Step 1
Cut chicken in one inch pieces. Boil rice and set aside. Heat oil in a Wonderchef Granite Wok, add cinnamon, bay leaves, cloves, cumin seeds, green cardamoms and sauté for half a minute.
Step 2
Add sliced onions and sauté. Add slit green chillies and chicken cubes and continue to sauté. Add turmeric powder and mix. Add tomatoes and salt and mix. Add ginger-garlic paste, red chilli powder and yogurt. Mix well.
Step 3
Add half the fried brown onions. Add the boiled rice on top. Sprinkle garam masala powder, ginger strips, mint leaves and coriander leaves. Sprinkle milk, rose water and remaining browned onions.
Step 4
Cover and cook on low heat for about ten minutes. Garnish with the egg slices and serve hot.
Chicken_Biryani.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That photo is inspiring me to try this delicious looking dish. On the second thought, that long list of ingredients is making me cringe with hesitation. Is there a way to cut down on the number of ingredients especially those that are hard to find but would somehow give the same taste?

That photo is inspiring me to try this delicious looking dish. On the second thought, that long list of ingredients is making me cringe with hesitation. Is there a way to cut down on the number of ingredients especially those that are hard to find but would somehow give the same taste?
Which are the ingredients you will find difficult to get, @Bakemehappy? If you let me know, perhaps I can advise.

This looks really good and I like the sound of the ingredients that are used in this dish. I am going to mark it as one to try.
I love Indian food but unfortunately I am the only one who does in my home so I will have to divide it up and portion it out
so I can have it for lunches, etc.

Biryani is one of our favorite foreign food. At first we thought it was Middle Eastern food but it turned out to be Indian. We had sampled it in Hongkong and we never fail to dine in that restaurant for their lamb biryani. We also like chicken biryani but we prefer lamb biryani with the generous serving of the lamb meat. And even if the serving is quite big for our size, we always finish everything. That's how we like lamb biryani. But looking at the recipe above, I don't think I would have the courage to try cooking biryani.

That looks really good, but it requires so many ingredients! I really don't like to cook any dish that takes more than 5 ingredients. I just get tired of measuring and standing there. Plus I don't like having to get out and clean up a lot of materials. IF you can find a shortened version..I would be all over it! lol.

Back
Top Bottom