Recipe Chicken Chimichanga's

I haven't had a chimichanga in many years. Surprisingly, they don't seem as popular in Texas as they were when I was a teen in the 70s. I'm not sure if they are even on the menu at the Tex-Mex joints I frequent. They are basically a fried burrito. They should come out well baked, too, but you probably need more cooking time that way.

CD

Best batch yet.

I found a couple of the pictures :)

Spanish Rice: I cheated. I bought a box of Spanish rice to use for the stuffing :(

Ingredients:
Spanish Rice
Shredded Chicken (I used three breasts)
Medium spicy salsa
Cumin
Oregano
4 tortillas

Method
  • Shred the chicken and mix it in with the cooked Spanish rice. Add the listed seasonings and salsa (and a few other things, but I can't remember what they were).
  • Stuff and wrap the tortillas. (FWIW, Colleen tried to show me how to wrap them properly, but you can see I failed. I lightly brushed them with oil and baked them in the oven).
  • Top with whatever you like.

View attachment 13363 View attachment 13364 View attachment 13365
Question could I use an egg wrap and cauliflower rice instead of Spanish rich and tortillas? I am doing the keto diet.

I don't know how an egg wrap will work. Why not give it a try!

On FRI a small batch of them will be made with a Vegan recipe. Still not sure on the stuffing. Probably zukes, ect......

I think I'll keep it simple. Serve chips and guac with it.

I don't know how an egg wrap will work. Why not give it a try!

On FRI a small batch of them will be made with a Vegan recipe. Still not sure on the stuffing. Probably zukes, ect......

I think I'll keep it simple. Serve chips and guac with it.
Ty. I will try it but also I found a store decicated to keto. I will see if they have keto tortillas

Back
Top Bottom