Recipe Chicken Salad

Shellyann36

Veteran
Local time
11:37 PM
Several years ago I worked at a mortgage company in our state capital and I would always stop and get lunch at a grocery store chain that had a huge salad bard set up inside. They had an awesome chicken salad that I feel in love with. Try as I might, I could never replicate it until now. I finally found out what was so amazing about the sauce/dressing in that salad! It was a touch of honey! Here is my recipe for chicken salad the way I like it. FYI: I never measure ingredients I just eyeball it.

Boiled shredded chicken white and dark meat
Celery cut into small chunks
Raisins
Purple and Green seedless grapes halved
Cashews or Pecan pieces

Dressing
Dukes mayonnaise (has to be Dukes) mixed with honey to taste
Salt
Pepper

Mix all the ingredients together and chill for at least an hour. I love this stuff.

Yum, yum... sounds tasty, much like Waldorf salad but certainly with a different touch!

I will try your recipe sometime this week and I'm sure I won't be disappointed, so I'm really thank you for this share :)

Yum, yum... sounds tasty, much like Waldorf salad but certainly with a different touch!

I will try your recipe sometime this week and I'm sure I won't be disappointed, so I'm really thank you for this share :)

It is very tasty and the honey/mayo combo is just the right ticket. It is just sweet enough not to be too sweet and that tangyness of the mayo gives it that added zing to balance it all out perfectly.

OMG! This sounds truly exquisite and makes my mouth watery. I couldn't resist myself giving it a try I'm sure I'll try it tomorrow as I'm engaged to prepare some other recipe today. It is chicken manchuria. I never tried salads with chicken and I always wonder tasting such recipe. I'm a big lover of chicken and I'm sure I'll like it anyway however I prepare it. Thank you so much for sharing this ethereal one.

OMG! This sounds truly exquisite and makes my mouth watery. I couldn't resist myself giving it a try I'm sure I'll try it tomorrow as I'm engaged to prepare some other recipe today. It is chicken manchuria. I never tried salads with chicken and I always wonder tasting such recipe. I'm a big lover of chicken and I'm sure I'll like it anyway however I prepare it. Thank you so much for sharing this ethereal one.

Feel free to share your chicken manchuria over in the recipe section! I do so enjoy this chicken salad!

Just made something very similar to this today, and I ate almost the whole bowl of it by noon, lol. I used walnuts in place of the cashews, and added a lot of scallions and a little dijon mustard for a savory element. Come to think of it, I may have stumbled across this thread a few days ago which was why I was craving it this morning.

There is another recipe that is similar I am going to embark on next called Coronation Chicken Salad - it's got mayo, apricot preserves, curry powder and a bunch of other ingredients. Supposedly originally made for Queen Elizabeth...

Just made something very similar to this today, and I ate almost the whole bowl of it by noon, lol. I used walnuts in place of the cashews, and added a lot of scallions and a little dijon mustard for a savory element. Come to think of it, I may have stumbled across this thread a few days ago which was why I was craving it this morning.

There is another recipe that is similar I am going to embark on next called Coronation Chicken Salad - it's got mayo, apricot preserves, curry powder and a bunch of other ingredients. Supposedly originally made for Queen Elizabeth...

Well now you will have to post the recipe for us to gander at. It sounds very interesting. I made this chicken salad last week and we ate it all in one day. No left overs for us.

I love chicken salad and here is my version of doing the recipe: cooked chicken flakes, chopped vienna sausage, cooked small elbow pasta, mayonnaise, salt and pepper to taste, sweet pickles relish, chopped carrots and pineapple tidbits and raisins which add highlight to the taste which makes it delicious that my family always love to eat!

I love chicken salad and here is my version of doing the recipe: cooked chicken flakes, chopped vienna sausage, cooked small elbow pasta, mayonnaise, salt and pepper to taste, sweet pickles relish, chopped carrots and pineapple tidbits and raisins which add highlight to the taste which makes it delicious that my family always love to eat!

Oh now I had not thought about adding pineapple tidbits.... I might have to try this too! Thank you for the idea.

Several years ago I worked at a mortgage company in our state capital and I would always stop and get lunch at a grocery store chain that had a huge salad bard set up inside. They had an awesome chicken salad that I feel in love with. Try as I might, I could never replicate it until now. I finally found out what was so amazing about the sauce/dressing in that salad! It was a touch of honey! Here is my recipe for chicken salad the way I like it. FYI: I never measure ingredients I just eyeball it.

Boiled shredded chicken white and dark meat
Celery cut into small chunks
Raisins
Purple and Green seedless grapes halved
Cashews or Pecan pieces

Dressing
Dukes mayonnaise (has to be Dukes) mixed with honey to taste
Salt
Pepper

Mix all the ingredients together and chill for at least an hour. I love this stuff.

Interesting recipe! Sounds professional like those ready to eat chicken salads you see at airports. I made a homemade chicken salad but it's basic. Chopped grilled (or oven baked) chicken, mayo/vinegar mix, chopped sweet gherkins, chopped boiled egg, dill relish, chopped celery, chopped green onion, chopped white onion. Mix all together and let chill.

Interesting recipe! Sounds professional like those ready to eat chicken salads you see at airports. I made a homemade chicken salad but it's basic. Chopped grilled (or oven baked) chicken, mayo/vinegar mix, chopped sweet gherkins, chopped boiled egg, dill relish, chopped celery, chopped green onion, chopped white onion. Mix all together and let chill.

I guess I can throw in some raisins to this mix! Sounds like it could be a tasty addition :) Thanks for your recipe idea too!

I guess I can throw in some raisins to this mix! Sounds like it could be a tasty addition :) Thanks for your recipe idea too!

Your recipe sounds good too. I will have to try ours with the sweet and dill relish. We normally add this to our tuna salad but I have yet to try it with chicken. I have some left over turkey from Christmas I might just try that today. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom