Legendary Member
Local time
5:22 AM
Chicken.-Wild-Rice-Dog-Biscuits-horizontal.jpg

Ingredients
6 oz. Boneless Chicken Breast, boiled or grilled; cooled
½ c. Cooked Wild Rice; cooled
½ c. Chicken Stock
2½ c. All Purpose Flour (you can substitute wheat flour)
¼ tsp. Salt
1 Egg

Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine chicken, rice and chicken stock in a mini food processor or blender and pulse until a paste forms.
Add the flour, salt, egg and chicken paste into a bowl and mix well.
Sprinkle a little flour on a flat surface and knead dough until it's no longer sticky; then roll it out with a rolling pin about ½-inch thick.
Cut out shapes and place them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Mine yielded 32 biscuits using a 3.5" cookie cutter.
Bake for 25-30 minutes until light brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.

Notes
You can boil the piece of boneless chicken breast and make the wild rice; allowing them to cool a day ahead and keep refrigerated until ready to use.
These biscuits can be stored in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 6 months. Allow to defrost completely (10-20 minutes) before serving.

http://www.carriesexperimentalkitchen.com/chicken-wild-rice-dog-biscuits/

This looks like something that can be served for the entire family. @classic33, do hurry and give us the results. I have a house guest and he loves rice. Should I try this?

This looks like something that can be served for the entire family. @classic33, do hurry and give us the results. I have a house guest and he loves rice. Should I try this?
Not that bad actually, handed a few round to people who just thought they were odd shaped biscuits. I'd not cut them into bone shape as per the picture.

Quite an expensive recipe for dogs - both chicken breasts and wild rice aren't the cheapest option.
There's two dogs near me get fresh steak every day. Not cheap either.

Given they don't taste too bad either....

When our boxer is under the weather we do chicken arancini balls for her ,rice is very good for dogs,might make some of the biscuits up for her as she now believes she is entitled to a snack every time some one leaves the house

Back
Top Bottom