WP_20160512_21_57_26_Pro.jpg

Cooking time: 20-25 minutes

No. of servings: 4

Ingredients

2 tsp. olive oil

1 tsp unsalted butter

3-4 garlic cloves, finely chopped

½ inch piece of fresh ginger, shredded

1 tbsp. fresh rosemary (or 1 tsp. dried)

350 g chicken breast, skin removed

150 g sliced white mushrooms

700 g broccoli, divided into florets and blanched for 5 minutes

20 baby carrots, sliced lengthways

200 g rice

Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste

Method

1. Boil or steam the rice.

2. While the rice is cooking, boil the chicken for 10-15 minutes until cooked, and then shred.

3. Meanwhile, prepare the rest of the ingredients.

4. In a large frying pan, heat 2 tsp of the oil over a medium heat and sauté the garlic for about 1 minute. Add the mushrooms to the pan and sauté lightly for another 3 minutes. Then add the broccoli and cook for approx. 5 minutes. The broccoli should be cooked but not soft.

5. In another pan, sauté the ginger in the butter for a minute or two, then add the carrots. Give them a quick stir to glaze and warm through.

6. Serve chicken and vegetables on a bed of rice.

7. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

I like the looks of this and it seems like it would be easy to prepare too. This is something that I could try when thinking of making a quick meal. I may have to omit the mushrooms though, since I do not come across them in our country at any of the grocery stores at which I shop. They may be available on some rare occasions though.

@Elawin, is this straight from your kitchen? It looks like one of my plates. I am out of broccoli but it's the kind of dish I have prepared minus the mushrooms. It's my kind of dish prepared in my kind of time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom