Chickpea Salad with Tahini

ChanellG

Guru
Local time
12:40 PM
I finally tried a recipe I pinned a while back for chickpea salad with cucumbers and tomato. I had a large can of chickpeas (AKA garbanzo beans) and a jar of tahini that needed to be used. I only had one lemon (needed juice from two) and I was out of olive oil, so I had to improvise a bit. I almost left the mint out, but at the last minute, went outside (in the dark) and cut a sprig of mint.

It turned out okay, but I wanted more lemon flavor so I added a bit of lemon zest. I eyeballed the quarter cup of tahini and I'm a little glad I didn't use the juice of two lemons because I ended up with quite a lot of "dressing." There was enough left over for another salad!

That sounds wonderful. It re me of hummus since it has tahini butter in it. Do you also make your own hummus?

This sounds yummy. I love anything made with chickpeas. I sometimes have difficulty finding tahini around here, but at least hummus is plentiful, nowadays. I'll definitely have to invest in a few mint plants, for things like this and some tea.

That sounds wonderful. It re me of hummus since it has tahini butter in it. Do you also make your own hummus?

Well, I had that enormous can of chickpeas because I had planned to make my own hummus, but it never happened. Hopefully some time in the future I will get around to making it myself, but it's one of those things I can get fresh at a good enough price without preservatives that I don't really need to make it myself.

This sounds yummy. I love anything made with chickpeas. I sometimes have difficulty finding tahini around here, but at least hummus is plentiful, nowadays. I'll definitely have to invest in a few mint plants, for things like this and some tea.

There are more and more places these days to get "ethnic" food items so that helps. I've had the jar of tahini for a while and really needed to come up with something to do with it. I still have some left so I'll be hunting for another recipe - maybe this time with eggplant, yum!

I like chic peas and make patties with them as I prefer the change in texture and then tempera the mix ,tahini I love to mix with purges like aubergine to make babagonash
For me I like to inject more flavours and textures into them

I still have yet to make Tahini. :headshake:

I didn't make the tahini - that like making peanut butter, only with tiny little seeds instead of nuts! If I had a food processor I might give it a go as then I would only make the amount I needed at a time and not have to worry about using up the rest like with the jar I have now.

I like chic peas and make patties with them as I prefer the change in texture and then tempera the mix ,tahini I love to mix with purges like aubergine to make babagonash
For me I like to inject more flavours and textures into them

What kind of patties? I was watching a program recently where a woman made two different things with eggplant and used tahini as a topping. Whe n my eggplants grow I'll definitely be looking to try a salad with minted tahini dressing. Yum! Wish the plant would hurry and grow! I guess I should have started sooner...

What kind of patties? I was watching a program recently where a woman made two different things with eggplant and used tahini as a topping. Whe n my eggplants grow I'll definitely be looking to try a salad with minted tahini dressing. Yum! Wish the plant would hurry and grow! I guess I should have started sooner...

Mm, that sounds delicious. I love eggplant and chickpeas. Where I grew up, ethnic foods were plentiful. I was shocked when I moved down here and couldn't get much of what I was used to, but down here, Mexican food and spices were abundant, and they were hard to get back home. Thankfully, times have changed, and I can get most things wherever I am. Now, it's a matter of cost :facepalm:. I got organic canned chickpeas on special the other day, $.50, so I will make something soon!:hyper:

Mm, that sounds delicious. I love eggplant and chickpeas. Where I grew up, ethnic foods were plentiful. I was shocked when I moved down here and couldn't get much of what I was used to, but down here, Mexican food and spices were abundant, and they were hard to get back home. Thankfully, times have changed, and I can get most things wherever I am. Now, it's a matter of cost :facepalm:. I got organic canned chickpeas on special the other day, $.50, so I will make something soon!:hyper:

It's interesting to me how things have "opened up" all of a sudden. There used to be one section of certain large grocery stores (and that was only in recent years) where you could get "ethnic" food, and that was primarily "Mexican" and "Chinese" items like refried beans, certain noodles, bamboo shoots in a can... Now you can get all sorts of things. Diversity is finally "mainstream."

I love trying new dishes. I love cooking and feel that I do a great job doing so. I really love making chicken salad. I have never tried adding lemon to this but I am noticing that people add lemon to a lot of meals. Chicken salad is a fast meal that is very filling to me. I should make one very soon.

I love trying new dishes. I love cooking and feel that I do a great job doing so. I really love making chicken salad. I have never tried adding lemon to this but I am noticing that people add lemon to a lot of meals. Chicken salad is a fast meal that is very filling to me. I should make one very soon.

I'm not big on chicken; it's not that I never eat it, I just prefer not to. I love lemon though, and one of my favorite things to add to a dish is lemon zest. I still have a jar of preserved lemon in the fridge I haven't found a use for. I've just not been cooking as much as I was even six months ago. I really need to get myself organized.

I'm not big on chicken; it's not that I never eat it, I just prefer not to. I love lemon though, and one of my favorite things to add to a dish is lemon zest. I still have a jar of preserved lemon in the fridge I haven't found a use for. I've just not been cooking as much as I was even six months ago. I really need to get myself organized.
Preserved lemons are wonderful. I add them to Moroccan style tagines. I also do a stuffed monkfish dish which uses them along with capers, sun-dried tomatoes and olives.

Preserved lemons are wonderful. I add them to Moroccan style tagines. I also do a stuffed monkfish dish which uses them along with capers, sun-dried tomatoes and olives.

It's hard to find recipes for them. Do you use only the peel or do you also use the pulp in your recipes? Do you make your own preserved lemon or do you purchase it from a grocer? I put the lemons in a jar in December, so I'm wondering how much longer I can keep them. I'd hate to have to throw them out.

Back
Top Bottom