Chickpea Salad with Tahini

It's hard to find recipes for them. Do you use only the peel or do you also use the pulp in your recipes? Do you make your own preserved lemon or do you purchase it from a grocer? I put the lemons in a jar in December, so I'm wondering how much longer I can keep them. I'd hate to have to throw them out.
Well, I do make my own sometimes but I also buy them. I put the whole preserved lemon in dishes (chopped up). I think they keep more or less indefinitely. They do work very well in fish dishes. You can just put them in the cavity of the fish before baking/steaming. But they can also go in fish stews especially with tomato based sauce.

Well, I do make my own sometimes but I also buy them. I put the whole preserved lemon in dishes (chopped up). I think they keep more or less indefinitely. They do work very well in fish dishes. You can just put them in the cavity of the fish before baking/steaming. But they can also go in fish stews especially with tomato based sauce.

Good to know! I don't have an actual kitchen in my living space so I have to use the one next door. I'm hoping to change this in the near future and create a sort of mini kitchenette, but first I have to get a sink put in. You can do a lot of cooking without a proper stove thanks to all manner of appliances, but running water is a must!

Good to know! I don't have an actual kitchen in my living space so I have to use the one next door. I'm hoping to change this in the near future and create a sort of mini kitchenette, but first I have to get a sink put in. You can do a lot of cooking without a proper stove thanks to all manner of appliances, but running water is a must!
Blimey! Your description of your living space is conjuring up all kinds of horrible images. No running water! :eek:

Blimey! Your description of your living space is conjuring up all kinds of horrible images. No running water! :eek:

LOL, I have running water! I have a pedestal sink (and toilet) in my incomplete bathroom, I just have to go next door to shower or use the kitchen. It's not as "third-world" as it sounds. It's just darned inconvenient, especially when there are extra people around. After Hurricane Katrina, everyone who had dry homes and neighborhoods with renewed infrastructure had extra family members. We added on, but my part of the house was never finished.

Back
Top Bottom