Makes about 6 dozen appetizers

Ingredients
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (8oz)
1 cup AP flour
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 tsp salt
1 can (4oz) chopped green chilies, well drained

Directions
Heat oven to 375F. Mix all ingredients. Shape into 3/4-inch balls. Place about 2 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet. Bake until set, 15 to 18 minutes. Serve immediately.

Note: You can shape the appetizers and freeze for later. To prepare, bake 18-20 minutes.

Recipe courtesy of Betty Crocker's Cookbook, 1988 edition

I placed these a little too closely together, so they didn't quite spread enough.

Last edited:
CHILI-CHEESE BALLS
Makes about 6 dozen appetizers

Ingredients
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (8oz)
1 cup AP flour
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 tsp salt
1 can (4oz) chopped green chilies, well drained

Directions
Heat oven to 375F. Mix all ingredients. Shape into 3/4-inch balls. Place about 2 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet. Bake until set, 15 to 18 minutes. Serve immediately.

Note: You can shape the appetizers and freeze for later. To prepare, bake 18-20 minutes.

Recipe courtesy of Betty Crocker's Cookbook, 1988 edition

View attachment 63428

View attachment 63429

I placed these a little too closely together, so they didn't quite spread enough.
I would gladly sit with you and mrs tasty with a beer and a handful of those treats. And blaspheme about how good they were. :)

Russ

I entered the challenge thread specifically to read how you made these.
Sounds lovely!
I admit I missread chill instead of chilli...and was wondering how did you chill them😂my bad.
But it says they can be frozen, so that makes me feel a little less a fool...😎🙈

I entered the challenge thread specifically to read how you made these.
Sounds lovely!
I admit I missread chill instead of chilli...and was wondering how did you chill them😂my bad.
But it says they can be frozen, so that makes me feel a little less a fool...😎🙈
Thanks!

These are really easy, and I'm looking forward to doing them again, the right way, with enough space to really let them spread.

I can see wanting to munch on these. If you had placed them just a little bit closer together, you could have made one giant one. :hyper:
The flavor, apart from the flouriness (if that's not a word, it is now), is excellent. MrsT doesn't really care for those canned green chilies, but even she said these tastes great. They'll be making another appearance soon.

Back
Top Bottom