Recipe Chili dogs by CookingBites

TodayInTheKitchen

Blitzinator
Local time
7:59 PM
Website
todayinthekitchen.com
Detroit Coney Dogs in honor of CookingBites.

In Detroit, you seemingly cannot travel more than 2 miles without seeing a Coney Island restaurant. So I had to pay tribute to these establishments with a classic Detroit Coney Island hot dog. Before we get into the debate of what a TRUE Coney Island hot dog is, there is already a thread which covers this discussion in depth. https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/coney-island-hotdog-sauce-my-version.14807/

Ingredients
1 bun
1 hot dog
Chili sauce
Yellow Mustard

Method
Hot dog in bun
Top with chili sauce and mustard

Please see photo in Recipe Challenge!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Detroit Coney Dogs in honor of CookingBites.

In Detroit, you seemingly cannot travel more than 2 miles without seeing a Coney Island restaurant. So I had to pay tribute to these establishments with a classic Detroit Coney Island hot dog. Before we get into the debate of what a TRUE Coney Island hot dog is, there is already a thread which covers this discussion in depth. https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/coney-island-hotdog-sauce-my-version.14807/

Ingredients
1 bun
1 hot dog
Chili sauce
Yellow Mustard

Method
Hot dog in bun
Top with chili sauce and mustard

Please see photo in Recipe Challenge!!!
I skip the mustard and add cheese and coleslaw

Last edited by a moderator:
I skip the mustard and add cheese and coleslaw
If you look real closely at the picture, you may be able to see some shredded cheese under the chili.
Never tried coleslaw though. Although, I was thinking a nice pickle relish would be tasty. However, now we are starting to overthink one of the simple recipes in the world. Bun - Hot Dog - Chili sauce - Mustard.

If you look real closely at the picture, you may be able to see some shredded cheese under the chili.
Never tried coleslaw though. Although, I was thinking a nice pickle relish would be tasty. However, now we are starting to overthink one of the simple recipes in the world. Bun - Hot Dog - Chili sauce - Mustard.
I usually layer it chili then cheese then hotdog topped with coleslaw. Make sure your slaw isn’t too wet

Back
Top Bottom