Recipe Chimmichurri

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
4:23 PM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
We've been using a lot of condiments, relishes and chutney and recently came across Chimmichurri. So I thought that I'd write up one of very many recipes for it.

I'd you use a red pepper you'll be making Chimmichurri rojo in which case you may want to use red wine vinegar instead of lemon juice. If you use a green pepper you'll be making Chimmichurri Verde. I'm using lemon juice because I have a well laden lemon tree outside. You can mix and match quantities off ratios of the 3 main herbs. In fact coriander is often omitted completely and only parsley and oregano used. Again it is entirely up to you what ratios you use and if you're not a fan of garlic, use less and remember, its easy to add more afterwards if you want it saltier (salt) or spicier (red/green pepper) but you can't remove so start with less and taste as you go

Ingredients
  • 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves and/or coriander leaves (no stalks), finely chopped
  • 2-3 tbsps fresh oregano leaves, finely chopped
  • 4 garlic cloves, minced or finely chopped
  • 100ml olive oil
  • Juice of 1 lemon
  • 1/4-1/2 tsp sea salt
  • 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/2 to 1 red pepper finely chopped
Method
  1. Mix the finely chopped herbs with the garlic. Chop again. You want out finely chopped but not pureed, so don't use a food processor.
  2. Mix in the lemon juice and olive oil. Use just enough to cover the herbs without drowning them in oil.
  3. Finely add in the salt, pepper and red pepper to taste. This is to your taste not mine, so if you don't like it hot and fiery, use less red pepper or a less hot red pepper.

Chimichurri otherwise known as the Ketchup of Argentina. The process of making it is the same as making a Vinagrette. With what dish you often eat it?
Thanks for the Recipe.

Back
Top Bottom