Recipe Chocolate Almond Stout Cake

classic33

Legendary Member
Local time
5:48 PM
Chocolate Almond Stout Cake.jpeg

You can use 100% almond flour in this recipe for a gluten free version, it’s phenomenal!
You will require
4 ounces cocoa
2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
12.8 ounces (1 bottle) BBC bourbon barrel stout or stout of your choice
3.5 ounces all purpose flour
3.5 ounces almond flour
1 tsp kosher salt
15 ounces sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 eggs
4 ounces peanut or safflower oil
1 Tbsp vanilla
8 ounces buttermilk (use coconut milk for lactose free)

Method
  • Preheat the oven to 350° and line the cup cake pans with papers.
  • In a small pot, bring the stout to a simmer. Then shut off the heat and add in the cocoa and chocolate, whisking into a thick paste. Set aside to cool.
  • Sift together the two flours, also setting aside.
  • In a large bowl, combine the sugar, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and eggs. Using a hand/stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip on medium high speed for 5 minutes. Turn the speed down to medium and slowly drizzle in the oil followed by the vanilla.
  • With the mixer still running, add in the chocolate paste a few spoonfulls at a time. Then, turn it down to low and add the dry ingredients all at once. Mix until just combined, then stir in the buttermilk.
  • Divide the batter evenly between cupcakes pans and bake for 15 minutes or so, until puffed but still glossy on top.
  • Cool thoroughly before applying buttercream, or you’ll have a serious mess on your hands! Top these with a Meyer Lemon and Beet Buttercream using Swiss buttercream as a base, but you can use whatever you like.
Note
For an added crunch, garnish with a few shards of Coffee Bean Brittle.

http://bravetart.com/recipes/ChocolateAlmondStoutCake

It honestly looks greatttttttt. What I will say though is that after a horrible night running to and from the bathroom, I don't want to see anything with milk or any diary.:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Last edited:
Use coconut milk!
Coconut milk stops the 'runnings' to the bathroom? I've heard from infancy steer clear of diary whenever there are stomach issues. Anyway the stomach is back to normal after lots of dry biscuits and clear liquids.

Coconut milk stops the 'runnings' to the bathroom? I've heard from infancy steer clear of diary whenever there are stomach issues. Anyway the stomach is back to normal after lots of dry biscuits and clear liquids.
Its not actual dairy though(coconut milk).

Its not actual dairy though(coconut milk).

Obviously I have not studied coconut milk, see milk and conclude it's diary. Still from the little I know it's fat of some sort so still not venturing near it with a troubled stomach. As the professor I don't question you but do you really think coconut milk won't make a bad stomach problem worse? Sorry I've taken the Chocolate Almond Stoute Cake to the bathroom, but with a troubled stomach it has diarrhea written all over it:).

This cake looks yummy. I have none of the ingredients here right now but if I did I would be trying it. I am so curious about the added taste from the stout. I have never baked with it before. I have used champagne, liquors and even Jack Daniels Whiskey but never stout. I can't wait to see what the results taste like.

Back
Top Bottom