Recipe Chocolate Guinness® Cupcakes With Bailey’s Cream Cheese Frosting

classic33

Legendary Member
Local time
1:18 PM
Guinness CupCake.jpg

“I am tomorrow, or some future day, what I establish today. I am today what I established yesterday or some previous day.”
James Joyce

Ingredients
1 cup Guinness®
2 sticks unsalted butter
¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups all-purpose flour?
2 cups sugar
1½ tsp. baking soda?
¾ tsp. salt
2 large eggs?
⅔ cup sour cream
1 8 oz package of cream cheese (softened)
4 tablespoons of butter (softened)
4 cups powdered sugar
4-8 tablespoons of Bailey's Irish Cream Liqueur

Instructions
To make the cupcakes:

• Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line pans with paper liners. Combine the stout and butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the cocoa powder and whisk until mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
  • In a medium sized bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt, and whisk together. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and sour cream until creamy. Add the stout-butter mixture and mix just to combine. Mix in the dry ingredients slowly whisking until just until incorporated.
  • Divide the batter evenly between the cupcake liners, filling them about ¾ full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 17 minutes. Allow to cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

For Bailey's Cream Cheese Frosting:
  • Combine the cream cheese and butter in a large mixing bowl and beat until creamy. Gradually add the powdered sugar until well mixed. Add in the Bailey's a tablespoon at a time until the texture is smooth, creamy, and spreadable.
  • Frost as desired. Decorate with cake crumbs or sprinkles.

http://www.thebakerchick.com/2012/03/chocolate-guiniess-cupcakes-with-baileys-cream-cheese-frosting/

I love the taste of Baileys in desserts. In fact even Baileys just on its own with some milk is a nice treat! I've made cheesecake with Baileys but I don't think of all the cupcakes I've made in my time that I've used Baileys! Need to rectify that pronto!

Maybe just maybe this might be the one. I don't even want to talk about making Guinness related stuff anymore as it has proven to be all talk and no action. Still my two Guinness have remained untouched for weeks now. I like this recipe and I think the folks at home might like it as well. Maybe just maybe.

Maybe just maybe this might be the one. I don't even want to talk about making Guinness related stuff anymore as it has proven to be all talk and no action. Still my two Guinness have remained untouched for weeks now. I like this recipe and I think the folks at home might like it as well. Maybe just maybe.
Should I move onto other drinks(vodka, cola, 7-Up, Irn-Bru)!!

I love the taste of Baileys in desserts. In fact even Baileys just on its own with some milk is a nice treat! I've made cheesecake with Baileys but I don't think of all the cupcakes I've made in my time that I've used Baileys! Need to rectify that pronto!
Unfortunately Bailey's makes me feel queasy. Its far too creamy and sweet for poor little me. :sick: Guinness, on the other hand...

Should I move onto other drinks(vodka, cola, 7-Up, Irn-Bru)!!
Nope. Hold tight. Something is going to happen......MAYBE this weekend?
Unfortunately Bailey's makes me feel queasy. Its far too creamy and sweet for poor little me. :sick: Guinness, on the other hand...
@morning glory, have you tried any Guinness recipes yet? I can't remember. As the CookingBites chef you should chef I want to see at least 3 out of those Classic 33 recipes.

Nope. Hold tight. Something is going to happen......MAYBE this weekend?

@morning glory, have you tried any Guinness recipes yet? I can't remember. As the CookingBites chef you should chef I want to see at least 3 out of those Classic 33 recipes.
Two Vodka ones up. Irn-Bru next!

Back
Top Bottom