“I am tomorrow, or some future day, what I establish today. I am today what I established yesterday or some previous day.”
1 cup Guinness®
2 sticks unsalted butter
¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups all-purpose flour?
2 cups sugar
1½ tsp. baking soda?
¾ tsp. salt
2 large eggs?
⅔ cup sour cream
1 8 oz package of cream cheese (softened)
4 tablespoons of butter (softened)
4 cups powdered sugar
4-8 tablespoons of Bailey's Irish Cream Liqueur
To make the cupcakes:
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line pans with paper liners. Combine the stout and butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the cocoa powder and whisk until mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt, and whisk together. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and sour cream until creamy. Add the stout-butter mixture and mix just to combine. Mix in the dry ingredients slowly whisking until just until incorporated.
- Divide the batter evenly between the cupcake liners, filling them about ¾ full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 17 minutes. Allow to cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
For Bailey's Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Combine the cream cheese and butter in a large mixing bowl and beat until creamy. Gradually add the powdered sugar until well mixed. Add in the Bailey's a tablespoon at a time until the texture is smooth, creamy, and spreadable.
- Frost as desired. Decorate with cake crumbs or sprinkles.