Choose one cheese

If it was for the rest of my life, I'd choose Dutch young farmer's cheese (somewhat comparable to Gouda).

It's versatile because it can be eaten raw and cooked, and it melts really wel. I also really like the flavor. It works on pasta, pizza, bread, in salads, on baked potaotes, in mashed potatoes. Basicially anywhere you might need cheese.

im not refined enough to know the difference. im sticking with blue cheese lol
But if you just ask for blue cheese how do you know that you're going to get one you like? I'm genuinely curious because there's so many different types of blue cheese.....and I think blue cheese in particular has huge variations in taste and texture....some are soft and creamy and mild, others are hard and very strong tasting.

Here's an example of what you get if you search for blue cheese in one online supermarket: https://www.ocado.com/search?entry=blue cheese&clusterPath=fresh-20002,cheese-40326 ....there's over 20 different blue cheeses to choose from.

But if you just ask for blue cheese how do you know that you're going to get one you like? I'm genuinely curious because there's so many different types of blue cheese.....and I think blue cheese in particular has huge variations in taste and texture

I agree. A soft mild Dolcelatte is miles apart from a Stilton.

Parmigiano Reggiano. It can be used as a salty grating/shaving cheese in many dishes. Its not just for Italian dishes.

I would love it, but the problem is that it does not melt very well. I'd want something for my omelets. And less importantly but still there... acceptable as the main (in this case, only) cheese on a pizza.

Y' don't melt well... y'won't be the chosen cheese in my hypothetical one-cheese world!

Last edited:
7FF300D9-CE0D-4F77-9F60-FF1E72B10CE8.jpeg

I would love it, but the problem is that it does not melt very well. I'd want something for my omelets. And less importantly but still there... acceptable as the main (in this case, only) cheese on a pizza.

Agreed. Although it has to be said that Parmesan is very versatile in other ways.

Back
Top Bottom