Choose one cheese

A very difficult choice, considering then that I'm a fan of cheeses. If it could be done, I would opt for two halves of cheeses then put together, one made of Parmesan and the other of goat's cheese.
We used to get one such cheese quote often when I could eat dairy. I'm sure it was called something like Dolci con mascarpone or something similar. It was a blue cheese layered with mascarpone if I am remembering correctly. Or was it torte di dolche?

Nope, I've found it. It was torta di gorgonzola.

Torta di Gorgonzola brings together two classic Italian specialities, with the mild blue flavours of the Gorgonzola complementing the rich, creamy mascarpone.
The sweet and tangy, mild blue flavours of Gorgonzola layered with rich, creamy Mascarpone Strength 3 Made from pasteurised cow's milk. Torta di Gorgonzola brings together two classic Italian specialities, with the mild blue flavours of the Gorgonzola complementing the rich, creamy Mascarpone

This is an absolute horrible question. I can't fathom only eating one cheese for the rest of my life. I LOVE LOVE LOVE cheeses.

I'll have to think about this. I may change my answer. Blue Cheese.

I love blue cheese. I love blue cheese dressing (home made and store bought). I eat it almost daily.

A strong, sharp cheddar is to die for!!!

We used to get one such cheese quote often when I could eat dairy. I'm sure it was called something like Dolci con mascarpone or something similar. It was a blue cheese layered with mascarpone if I am remembering correctly. Or was it torte di dolche?

Nope, I've found it. It was torta di gorgonzola.

I state that I love Gorgonzola a lot, I don't know if in Italy we have Torta di Gorgonzola, I've never heard of it (but this doesn't mean that it doesn't exist!) however Mascarpone and Gorgonzola together must really be something super :hyper:... I'll definitely investigate it because I'm very interested!

Well, then can we also validate my Parmegoat cheese invention?...:geek:

Last edited:
I state that I love Gorgonzola a lot, I don't know if in Italy we have this product, I've never heard of it (but this doesn't mean that it doesn't exist!) and Mascarpone and Gorgonzola together must really be something super :hyper:... I'll definitely investigate it because I'm very interested!

Well, then can we also validate my Parmegoat cheese invention?...:geek:
We were eating that back 20-25 years ago. We found that the mascarpone took the excessive sharpness off the gorgonzola making it a very pleasant cheese, more mellow but still with that blue cheese tang, just not something that took the skin off my tongue (I have a medical condition which is similar to psoriasis but in my mouth and on my tongue. If you were to bite your tongue to the point of it bleeding, then drink some lemon juice neat, it's like that most of the time for me).

Its just one cheese for the rest of your life - you must choose. :D
Academic really because the next cheese I do eat will be my last...

If I had to choose I could narrow it down to
  • Hawes creamery wensleydale
  • Swiss elemental
  • Norwegian jarlsberg
  • Reserve comté
  • Wexford cheddar
  • Dolci di gorgonzola

We were eating that back 20-25 years ago. We found that the mascarpone took the excessive sharpness off the gorgonzola making it a very pleasant cheese, more mellow but still with that blue cheese tang, just not something that took the skin off my tongue (I have a medical condition which is similar to psoriasis but in my mouth and on my tongue. If you were to bite your tongue to the point of it bleeding, then drink some lemon juice neat, it's like that most of the time for me).

Really! You have pain In your mouth all the time? You must be able to get something to numb it for you? I've never heard of anything like it??

Russ

Back
Top Bottom