Christmas 2019 - Misc

I love that Costwolds calendar
There is a method behind that gift. My wife is always torn between visiting the UK or visiting Germany. My preference is the UK, always. I'd gladly spend every holiday there, and she would too, if she listened to her heart, but her head tells her she should alternate, and we've been to the UK (and one Ireland) four times in the last three years (and we're going again in 2020).

We haven't been to Germany since 2015, so she's really pushing for Germany in late 2020 or 2021, and I'm keeping my mouth shut, but hoping for either Christmas 2020 or Christmas 2021 to be in England. My plan is to let that calendar nudge her in that direction. It'll be up on her wall in her office all of next year.😏

Nice shirt. What is the stamper thing at the bottom of the photo?

That's a vertical meat pounder! My SIL, who lives with her mind in the gutter (to my delight) commented on what a fancy, erm...marital aid I had there.:oops:

The base screws off and flips over, so it'll go from smooth for pounding thin to spiky for repelling medieval invaders in no time. :)

We just watched Lucy Worsley's "12 Days Of Tudor Christmas." I think I may have a bit of a crush on Ms. Lucy. ❤️ 😊

My Christmas present. Giving gifts is not a really traditional thing in my country with Christmas, so it's usually just a small gift. But I need to drink a lot for medical reasons, so getting this beautiful glass certainly is a great present 😍

There is a method behind that gift. My wife is always torn between visiting the UK or visiting Germany. My preference is the UK, always. I'd gladly spend every holiday there, and she would too, if she listened to her heart, but her head tells her she should alternate, and we've been to the UK (and one Ireland) four times in the last three years (and we're going again in 2020).

We haven't been to Germany since 2015, so she's really pushing for Germany in late 2020 or 2021, and I'm keeping my mouth shut, but hoping for either Christmas 2020 or Christmas 2021 to be in England. My plan is to let that calendar nudge her in that direction. It'll be up on her wall in her office all of next year.😏

I thought something like that as soon as I’ve seen that calendar .. so you’ll be shut up and you’ll let calendar talking for you 😄

We just watched Lucy Worsley's "12 Days Of Tudor Christmas." I think I may have a bit of a crush on Ms. Lucy. ❤ 😊

I watched that the other day - its a very good programme. I actually thought of you whilst I was watching it. Dubbed (in sexist speak) as one of a number of 'history pixies' to be found on UK TV, Dr Lucy Worsley has the (possibly) endearing trait of being unable to sound her 'r's properly. Which is somewhat ironic, given that she is an histo'w'ian.

I watched that the other day - its a very good programme. I actually thought of you whilst I was watching it. Dubbed (in sexist speak) as one of a number of 'history pixies' to be found on UK TV, Dr Lucy Worsley has the (possibly) endearing trait of being unable to sound her 'r's properly. Which is somewhat ironic, given that she is an histo'w'ian.
I just love how she's able to present her programs (we've seen a load of them) with so much...gusto, I guess. She gets right in there, she dresses up, and all with that sly little smile and slightly mischievous look in her eye; so much better than just a dry retelling of something. I was laughing at the beginning when she enthusiastically acted out sticking that boar.

The mission completed, the afterlife awaits in the brush-line that edges our property.

May the squirrels, birds, and other woodland creatures enjoy your decaying essence!
On our agenda this weekend. Hubby is a HUGE tinsel fanatic so that always makes the take down a little more... errr... painful? 🤔

I don't even know her name but from description but I know exactly who you are talking about.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom