Christmas 2022

TastyReuben ok, you have a point...
1665503114072.png

It's no secret that I hate Christmas, but I already made my first Christmas purchase too.
It's something that I saw online and wanted to buy last year, but it was sold out everywhere....a dancing Minnie doll from Primark :laugh:
View: https://youtube.com/shorts/M3EWg-AI2k0?feature=share

I don't hate Christmas, I just don't want it to be three months long. I get into the Christmas mood around mid December.

CD

I don't hate Christmas, I just don't want it to be three months long. I get into the Christmas mood around mid December.

CD
There's no need for it to be three months long. At ALL. I am seriously not into the consumerism addiction thing. Besides - I really like autumn to be AUTUMN. The trees here in New England are getting so pretty hereabouts now!

Around this time I would buy or make gifts for Christmas due to the fact I hate being in large crowds so I usually avoid malls stores unless grocery shopping from nov 20th to the new year. I don’t put up decorations until its first weekend of November and take down the weekend after new years

If I wasn't a moderator I'd put this thread on 'ignore'. And no way am I going to 'feature' it until at least the beginning of December. Even that is being generous.

Having said that I have to confess I've booked my Christmas slot with on-line supermarket Ocado.:oops:
Do I want to know what a Christmas slot is?

Do I want to know what a Christmas slot is?

Just a date for home deliveries near Christmas (virtually all my food and drink is home delivered all year round). If you don't advance book, all the delivery 'slots' are booked when it gets nearer Christmas. To be honest I only booked it for that reason - not because I'm ordering special Christmas food & drink.

Just a date for home deliveries near Christmas (virtually all my food and drink is home delivered all year round). If you don't advance book, all the delivery 'slots' are booked when it gets nearer Christmas. To be honest I only booked it for that reason - not because I'm ordering special Christmas food & drink.
Got it, thank you for explaining.

There's no need for it to be three months long. At ALL. I am seriously not into the consumerism addiction thing. Besides - I really like autumn to be AUTUMN. The trees here in New England are getting so pretty hereabouts now!
I just love the holidays, all of them. I'm not celebrating Christmas yet at all, but I am buying presents and all that because prices rise with a 100% in December and I usually am already prepared by then. But my main focus now is Samhain.
Like Tasty I just can't get enough of the festive season.

I also love Christmas, but I try to hold off on getting too Christmassy until at least towards the end of November. That doesn't include gift shopping though....I like to get that done as early as I can so I can relax.

For me Christmas can start when the decorations are switched on in our town, which this year is the 23rd, and we're off to Germany on the 30th for our annual Christmas markets visit. We'll probably put the outside tree and decorations up on the last weekend of November, but the inside decorations never go up until December.

Back
Top Bottom