Christmas 2022

1665580174570.png

I always liked the "before" Scrooge better.

I love holidays. But in their time and place. I would rather do Halloween and autumn now while it LOOKS like that out there. Thanksgivin for those of us in the US is towards the end of November. Christmas I wait for after the 10th of December, and keep that going through the first or second week in January. This is to honor Mom - who was born on the 10th of December. I celebrate Yule (December 21), then Christmas Eve, then Christmas.

I really prefer not to push my days and life away too fast!

And yes, if I see a great gift, I'll jump on it in advance. Same as I do with birthdays, which I don't celebrate a month or three in advance either - but if I see something a friend would like for a birthday - I'm getting it then.

Every year when we go on holiday we like to bring something back for Christmas, food, drink, recipe or a meal idea.
Whilst in Madeira we picked up a bottle of rum a bottle of madeira wine and a cake. Yesterday in the COOP we picked up a bottle of their cava and rose. Our 'Christmas box' is officially started.

Also, I can't decide what to have for the main meal this year. Sometimes I go for a roast with all the trimmings, sometimes something completely different like a plate of ribs and wings. To cut out all the faff of shopping at various places to get the best stuff I am thinking of this. Lazy I know, but we had their Valentines meal box a couple of years ago and it was really good.

Also, I can't decide what to have for the main meal this year. Sometimes I go for a roast with all the trimmings, sometimes something completely different like a plate of ribs and wings. To cut out all the faff of shopping at various places to get the best stuff I am thinking of this. Lazy I know, but we had their Valentines meal box a couple of years ago and it was really good.

View attachment 91389
We’ve done something similar previous holidays (Thanksgiving, mainly), and nothing wrong with that at all.

That menu sounds pretty spot-on as well.

It is, and btw, nice dig at how weak the pound is right now, thanks to the most idiotic PM in the long history of our country. I remember when it was almost $2=£1

I think Mr. and Mrs. Tasty got to the UK just a little too early. They could have saved some money.

CD

Back
Top Bottom