Christmas 2022

Well, it goes without saying I’ll grab a dark chocolate one as well. That’s a given!
Make sure you get a Toblerone too.

DH & I just got back from the Home Décor store, where I had a 10% off coupon and bought a BOATLOAD of Christmas decorations for my Mother. She's going to be so stoked!
When we moved her from California to Arizona, she sold just about all of her stuff, including her Faux tree.
So, I got her a small tree (it's one of those pre-wired with lights, easy-peasy), a wreath for her front door, a faux Poinsettia plant, of course all new colorful balls and a topper for her tree and I found a couple cute items for her Christmas gifts under that tree. Oh, I also scooped up the most adorable Owl glass ornament for her tree... that's our family's "sprit protector" if you will in the Hawaiian culture, so we have owls all over the house, in the car, in my handbag ...

Tonight is the official kickoff of Hallmark’s 2022 Countdown to Christmas, debuting their first of 40+ new holiday movies:

Tonight’s Christmas movie is “We Wish You a Married Christmas” - couple who’ve grown apart trying to reconnect over Christmas by leaving the big city for a small town in Vermont.

Tonight’s Christmas movie is “We Wish You a Married Christmas” - couple who’ve grown apart trying to reconnect over Christmas by leaving the big city for a small town in Vermont.

Hallmark Channel? Let me guess... is the couple young, good looking and white?

CD

Hallmark Channel? Let me guess... is the couple young, good looking and white?

CD
Youngish (as the actors are 45 & 50), good-looking (though I just saw an ad for an upcoming one, and that one… :headshake:), and ethnicity, the wife is Mexican-American, and the fellow is pretty much your run-of-the-mill basic white dude, sort of like a poor man’s Joel McHale. :laugh:

They’re doing better mixing it up, though. Every year, they add more movies centered on people of color and LGBTQ+.

Next week’s new one, the woman appears to be from South Asia, and Holly Robinson Peete is one of the Hallmark princesses (she can’t be Hallmark Queen until Lacy Chabert gives up the crown :laugh: ), along with Tia Mowry.

They’re coming around.

Now we’re watching “We Need A Little Christmas” - it’s not on the Hallmark Channel. It’s on…the Hallmark Movies & Mysteries Channel. :laugh:

I looked it up, and there is a women in that movie who isn't white. I'm not sure if she is Black, or Asian, or Indian, or mixed race... but she is not white. I guess Hallmark had to find someone not white that wouldn't offend their target audience. I guess that's a step forward???

CD

Back
Top Bottom