Christmas Meal 2020

Indeed. The same goes for turkey. In fact its best to 'rest' the meat.
This has gone beyond resting and into full sleep - been a good two hours since I pulled the meat out - potatoes have another 15 minutes, then the puds, then the cauliflower gets a reheat.

We'll be eating along about 5PM...tomorrow. :laugh:

Crusted rack of lamb, roasted tomatoes, potato/fennel/onion/gruyere gratin, and craig's Brussel sprouts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm laughing out loud. This is good because I've not laughed in a while. Sorry! It will all be fine. Ramp up the oven and get those potatoes done.
Well, here's the thing: this was not my best meal, not by a long shot, but it's Christmas, so I'm not even bothered. :laugh:

The rib roast was over cooked a little, but just how MrsT likes it. Tasted fine, just a little less red-pink than I like. The rub was good - salt, pepper, garlic, mustard, and fennel.

Yorkies were a disaster, and you all have seen mine, I can make them. I put it down to having no AP/plain flour and having to resort to 100% whole wheat. To say they were inedible is an understatement. How in the hell does something rise and still manage to be dense and doughy?

Roasties were the best I've ever made. Very pleased with those. Just perfect.

The whole roasted cauli head...didn't care for the cheese sauce, which was a beer cheese sauce, made with cheddar, Swiss, milk, and beer.

So in the annals of Christmas meals, this one isn't much one way or another. I made garlic-mayonnaise and gravy as well. Those were good.

Christmas Lasagna. I made it the traditional way with Ricotta and Mozzarella. But I tried one thing new. I layered Bacon Strips in.

Lasagna1.jpg

Lasagna2.jpg

I put a bunch of this away in the refrigerator, but after today, I believe I'll be fasting tomorrow. :p:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom