Christmas Trees & Decorations

Our Xmas office tree is quite similar than your @Francesca with a lot of gift boxes on the bottom (not real, only for set).
When I was a child and lived with my parents, decorating Xmas tree was always an exciting moment for us but mostly to do presepe with Giuseppe and Maria and the night before Xmas we added Jesus.
My husband and I do both Xmas tree and presepe as well. Every year we buy at least one or two particular decorations (wood or handmade decorated) that fitted very well with the rest of older decorations.Our Xmas tree is little and there are too much decorations now! Anyway I have to say that I love presepe much more than Xmas tree..it's the real soul of Xmas and Nativity for me.

Last edited:
Our Xmas office tree is quite similar than your @Francesca with a lot of gift boxes on the bottom (not real, only for set).
When I was a child and lived with my parents, decorating Xmas tree was always an exciting moment for us but mostly to do presepe with Giuseppe and Maria and the night before Xmas we added Jesus.
My husband and I do both Xmas tree and presepe as well. Every year we buy at least one or two particular decorations (wood or handmade decorated) that fitted very well with the rest of older decoration. Our Xmas tree is little..there are too much decorations ! Anyway I have to say that I love presepe much more than Xmas tree..it's the real soul of Xmas and Nativity for me.

@MypinchofItaly

I believe you are referring to the Nativity ( The Belen in Spanish and Presepe in Italiano ) .. We do not have a Xmas tree as we are not here from the 22nd - 27th .. We will be at our apartment in Cadaquès visiting the family .. This year we will have "La Viglia de 7 Pesce" ( the 7 Fish Dishes on the 24th ) at my parents apartment and on the 25th, we shall have Christmas day lunch at my Mom in Law´s ..

Then we will return to Barcelona on the 27th and return for the 30th at my Mom and Dad´s for the festivities of the 31st ...

We are leaving for Northern Italy on the 1st .. (flying) ..

So, we put up a Nativity for good luck however, we did not put a tree up this year. My parents, twin sons & their wives, grand parents, and in laws and my husband´s grand parents all have trees.

We just did the Office Tree on the 4th ..

Have a wonderful holiday and I hope that you enjoyed the film last night ..
Buon Natale .. Merry Christmas ..

@SatNavSaysStraightOn

Which stocking is yours and which is for Hubby?
Hubby has a thing for wombats so....
I rather like echidnas...

20171218_112202.jpg 20171218_112211.jpg

Yep, and surprisingly large! They are ant eaters and Australia has plenty for them to eat!

@SatNavSaysStraightOn

Wow .. They are quite different looking than Latin American Ant Eaters !

Oh, my .. Good to have a pair around !!!

We loved Sdyney !! We thought about living there many many years ago .. Quite a gorgeous city .. However, our families are here and it is on the other side of the planet !

How far are you from Sydney and Melbourne ?

@MypinchofItaly

I believe you are referring to the Nativity ( The Belen in Spanish and Presepe in Italiano ) .. We do not have a Xmas tree as we are not here from the 22nd - 27th .. We will be at our apartment in Cadaquès visiting the family .. This year we will have "La Viglia de 7 Pesce" ( the 7 Fish Dishes on the 24th ) at my parents apartment and on the 25th, we shall have Christmas day lunch at my Mom in Law´s ..

Then we will return to Barcelona on the 27th and return for the 30th at my Mom and Dad´s for the festivities of the 31st ...

We are leaving for Northern Italy on the 1st .. (flying) ..

So, we put up a Nativity for good luck however, we did not put a tree up this year. My parents, twin sons & their wives, grand parents, and in laws and my husband´s grand parents all have trees.

We just did the Office Tree on the 4th ..

Have a wonderful holiday and I hope that you enjoyed the film last night ..
Buon Natale .. Merry Christmas ..

Yes I was referring to the Nativity as I've written, Presepe, here there is a fairly long tradition especially in Naples.
I'm happy about your trip to northern Italy, let me know how it goes ... We will do a little trip in the middle or end of January, probably in the UK but we have not decided yet.
We will spend 31th in a mountain hut - Valtellina - with some friends, while Christmas with my family Mum, dad, father in law, brother, sister in law. nephew, dog :)
Last night movie was nothing special...all fault of Depp surely!! :laugh:
Feliz Navidad cara @Francesca

How far are you from Sydney and Melbourne

If we have a clear run into Sydney, we can be at our family friends home in about 4 hrs, they live in the north west side so we can avoid most of the traffic to get to their place.

We haven't been to Melbourne, I'm not a city person. Give me wilderness any day and I'm perfectly at home but I can't even cross a road in a city. Can't manage living in even a small town (used to live on the very edge, very distant edge of s village in the UK, but we don't have villages in Australia. Anything much bigger than 10 houses is a town, under 10 is a township). Anyhow it's over 750km away, drivable to do it once to see the scenery but after that I'd go elsewhere, like the coast and find a nice quiet spot...

Yes I was referring to the Nativity as I've written, Presepe, here there is a fairly long tradition especially in Naples.
I'm happy about your trip to northern Italy, let me know how it goes ... We will do a little trip in the middle or end of January, probably in the UK but we have not decided yet.
We will spend 31th in a mountain hut - Valtellina - with some friends, while Christmas with my family Mum, dad, father in law, brother, sister in law. nephew, dog :)
Last night movie was nothing special...all fault of Depp surely!! :laugh:
Feliz Navidad cara @Francesca

@MypinchofItaly

Sorry to hear that the remake of Murder on the Orient Express, was not quite as good as its hype (publicity) ..

Pleased to hear that you are planning a trip for 2018 ..

We will spend a few days in Venezia .. Cold or not, a góndola is enchantingly amazing .. Wish to go over to Murano .. We hope to get over to Padova .. We mentioned to a friend who has a car .. So, it is definitely on the list ..

Then, we have plans to see a couple of dear Friends from Verona .. They will meet us for lunch in Venezia ..

All my best for a lovely Christmas and have a healthy, successful and wonderful 2018 ahead.

Buon Natale Cara ..
Buon Anni 2018 ..

@MypinchofItaly

Sorry to hear that the remake of Murder on the Orient Express, was not quite as good as its hype (publicity) ..

Pleased to hear that you are planning a trip for 2018 ..

We will spend a few days in Venezia .. Cold or not, a góndola is enchantingly amazing .. Wish to go over to Murano .. We hope to get over to Padova .. We mentioned to a friend who has a car .. So, it is definitely on the list ..

Then, we have plans to see a couple of dear Friends from Verona .. They will meet us for lunch in Venezia ..

All my best for a lovely Christmas and have a healthy, successful and wonderful 2018 ahead.

Buon Natale Cara ..
Buon Anni 2018 ..

Great trip @Francesca! So happy you will come in Italy.Can I suggest you a little wonderful and colored village (very little isle) far 45 mins from Venezia? Burano. I've left my heart in Burano. If you have time visit it...I'm quite sure you will not disappointed of Burano...and it's famous for the lace. Murano is beautiful as well of course.Try to Google Burano if you want to take a peek.

Last edited:
Great trip @Francesca! So happy you will come in Italy.Can I suggest you a little wonderful and colored village (very little isle) far 45 mins from Venezia? Burano. I've left my heart in Burano. If you have time visit it...I'm quite sure you will not disappointed of Burano...and it's famous for the lace. Murano is beautiful as well of course.Try to Google Burano if you want to take a peek.

@MypinchofItaly

Yes, I will take a peek on Google ! Sounds fascinating ..

Thank you so much and have a lovely evening .. Must get up early and it is after 12am ..

Back
Top Bottom