Christmas Trees & Decorations

@SatNavSaysStraightOn

We call a township ( under 15 to 20 people ) a " Hamlet " .. There are thousands of these in Northern Spain that are absolutely extraordinary .. I shall one day Write a post about the mascot of Nogueira de Ramunin - Ourense, Galicia ..

A village is more or less 20 people to 50 people ..

Then, towns .. Well, they are villages that have grown ..

We adored Sydney .. Wonderful "restaurant" movement .. Three Michelin Sepia, is amazing. Chef Martin Benn is absolutely awesome ..

2 other Michelin status eateries are: Chef Tetusuya of Restaurant Tetusuya - Japanese .. Unforgettable ..

And Quayside with Chef Peter Gillmore .. Merits excellence ..

If you are ever inclined, check out their menus in ref to Vegan dishes .. Tetsuya for sure ..

From this...

DSC_2525.JPG

To
Almost done but not quite.

DSC_2530.JPG

I'll get a better picture in daylight tomorrow,after I've given it another galloon of water, moved it back, or the star up and hovered. Then I'll add a few pressies!

Last edited:
No star or presents yet, and I haven't pushed the yes back or hovered, but it is daylight and that allows you to see the tree more. Australia is into shaped Christmas trees where baubles are plastic and attached to the tinsel which you must wrap around the tree. We don't like that at all. So once you find a tree with some air in it, you then have to cut away over half the branches to get anything resembling a tree you can hang traditional glass baubles on.

DSC_2536.JPG

Now to make the pavlova, eggnog and get the house cleaner...

No star or presents yet, and I haven't pushed the yes back or hovered, but it is daylight and that allows you to see the tree more. Australia is into shaped Christmas trees where baubles are plastic and attached to the tinsel which you must wrap around the tree. We don't like that at all. So once you find a tree with some air in it, you then have to cut away over half the branches to get anything resembling a tree you can hang traditional glass baubles on.

View attachment 12413

Now to make the pavlova, eggnog and get the house cleaner...

@SatNavSaysStraightOn

12.30am ! Truly amazingly beautiful ..

Goodnight ..

Are those stars metal ones? I think we have ' one ' that is the same. I say one because we bound 2 together many years ago to make the star that is hanging (it wouldn't attach to the top of the tree) from the ceiling in my photo.. If you look carefully you'll see it.
I always wished be had bought more of them at the time. I can't even remember where they came from now!

The decorations are a from a clear plastic box thing from B&Q which contained all the trimmings, I left the beads off because I thought it might look too much.

The decorations are a from a clear plastic box thing from B&Q which contained all the trimmings, I left the beads off because I thought it might look too much.

@Lullabelle,

The tree is beautiful as is ..

I am very curious, what about the Cow Head ?

Symbolic of a special cow ? Are you in dairy business ?

Have a wonderful Christmas ..

Back
Top Bottom