Recipe Chunky Guacamole

Well I just made some not quite guacamole with oven cooked courgettes. Results to follow. :D I'm calling it 'zucchamole'. Somehow 'courgemole' doesn't sound right.

If you worry about fat (even though avos are a good fat), you could add or substitute the avocado with edamame. Edamole.

Just need to go back and agree, but add a proviso … I'd love to try edamole.

I simply don't want to call it "guacamole" - and you did not! I have two close friends with severe soy allergies, and edamame are soybeans. Some of the other posts here have rather skirted the issue - yes, I am all for creativity and adapting foods - I do it very very often myself. Just be careful what you call the dish you've created, if for that reason alone.

Edamole is a great name, and would encourage soy-sensitive people to ask.

Well I just made some not quite guacamole with oven cooked courgettes. Results to follow. :D I'm calling it 'zucchamole'. Somehow 'courgemole' doesn't sound right.

Sounds great, and looking forward to the recipe... Yeah, I'd fear that "courgemole" sounds like someone is cooking up a dog breed....

Sounds great, and looking forward to the recipe... Yeah, I'd fear that "courgemole" sounds like someone is cooking up a dog breed....

Its nice - but it wouldn't fool anyone into thinking they were eating guacamole. I'm thinking if there is something I can add which is green to give it more 'body'. I suppose edamame beans might fit the bill!

Back
Top Bottom