Cleaning my oven

My stove has a manual clean oven, I don't use it for roasting much because I hate cleaning it!! What a messy job!! So I just use it for stuff that doesn't splash or spatter. Like cakes & bread. :whistling:

My stove has a manual clean oven, I don't use it for roasting much because I hate cleaning it!! What a messy job!! So I just use it for stuff that doesn't splash or spatter. Like cakes & bread. :whistling:
I prolly use my oven daily.
Cheese on toast etc. If the toaster isn't on the bench I grill bread for toast I'm that lazy .

Russ

I prolly use my oven daily.
Cheese on toast etc. If the toaster isn't on the bench I grill bread for toast I'm that lazy .

Russ
My last range/cooker had two ovens - a main oven (a little smaller than a standard oven) and another much smaller oven positioned right above that.

It had a toasting function, and it worked much better than the countertop toaster, so that’s what I used. I was to the point of getting rid of the toaster to get back some space, when the range crapped out and I had to replace it.

For whatever reason, dual-oven ranges had shot up in price at that time, and there was no way I was paying what they were asking, so I went back to one oven - a decision I kick myself over every day. Next range will have two ovens, regardless of the cost!

Ours (electric) is the same as kaneohegirlinaz - it comes with a self-clean cycle (two, actually; one is for steam, but it doesn’t do a very good job).

Press the button, the door locks, the ovens heats up to about 4 bazillion degrees and burns all the crud off, and once it cools down to a safe temp, it unlocks - takes about three hours and raises the ambient temperature in the kitchen by a noticeable amount, so I usually run it around early November and again in early April, unless I have some sort of nasty spill I need cleaned immediately.
You might find one these days in Colonial Williamsburg that isn't "self cleaning".:bravo:

My last range/cooker had two ovens - a main oven (a little smaller than a standard oven) and another much smaller oven positioned right above that.

It had a toasting function, and it worked much better than the countertop toaster, so that’s what I used. I was to the point of getting rid of the toaster to get back some space, when the range crapped out and I had to replace it.

For whatever reason, dual-oven ranges had shot up in price at that time, and there was no way I was paying what they were asking, so I went back to one oven - a decision I kick myself over every day. Next range will have two ovens, regardless of the cost!
I had a double oven before moving to this joint. Single since then. I miss my double oven.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom