condensed milk

Ellie

Über Member
Local time
7:14 AM
I'm wondering what exactly condensed milk is and if it's possible to make it?
I'm after a dairy free version but haven't been able to find one so thought I would make it. I've managed to make the dairy free I've cream my bf like but it's meant to have 'honeycomb' in it make from condensed milk which when you are vegan. ..

So I was wondering what is it and can you make your own?

I'm after a dairy free version but haven't been able to find one so thought I would make it. I've managed to make the dairy free I've cream my bf like but it's meant to have 'honeycomb' in it make from condensed milk which when you are vegan. ..

Are you talking about sweetened condensed milk? It is basically milk with half the water evaporated and a ton of sugar added.
Never heard of putting honeycomb in it.

I'm having trouble understanding what you mean. What is
'honeycomb' in it make from condensed milk
Do you mean you want to make honeycomb from condensed milk? Or do you mean its meant to have 'honeycomb' in it?

Either way, like @Cinisajoy I'm not sure what it can be! Sometimes condensed milk is turned to caramel by cooking. Is that what you mean, perhaps?

If not, perhaps the easiest thing would be to give us the recipe?

When needed, I just buy it from the supermarket.\
I find that it might be a waste of time making it when it is already made. :headshake:

Sorry, what I meant (I hate auto correct) was an ice cream made with sweetened condensed milk and the ice cream containing honeycomb. but my Nana used to made a honeycomb from condensed milk as well. I was wondering how I made my own sweetened condensed milk because I wanted a vegan one for my boyfriend.

I really don't see how to make honeycomb from condensed milk. Honeycomb is golden syrup and sugar caramelised then with bi-carb added which makes it bubble into a honeycomb. The only thing I can think of is adding bicarb to caramelised condensed milk, You can buy tins ready caramelised or make your own by boiling it in the can. I really don't know if this would make honeycomb...

The condensed milk must be dairy free which is the reason I want to make it. i J haven't found anywhere selling condensed dairy free milk yet.

Back
Top Bottom