Confusion about British Food

Prime rib and Yorkshire pudding done right hard to beat. Few experience it done right.
Lawrys prime rib in Los Angeles and Las Vegas does it like one finds in the UK.

We were walking around London and every 50 feet there is something amazing to see or experience.
One time we turned a corner on foot and guy with a cart full of cheese wheels and gigantic loaves of fresh baked bread had a gas grill press and was making grilled cheese sandwiches.
Spoiled us. Off the hook fabulous. Simple and amazing.

We were walking around London and every 50 feet there is something amazing to see or experience.

As Samuel Johnson said: "when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford"

I'm glad you enjoyed London. When did you visit?

Sadly(?), I have tired of London. Its impossibly crowded and nobody can afford to live there any more unless they are very rich or happen to have bagged a property in the days when they were affordable. I lived in London for quite a while (I did an MA at the Royal College of Art) and kept a rented flat there in the days when it was affordable. I quite enjoyed it then but not any more. I only live a 50 min train ride away but haven't been there for many years.

So - am I tried of life? No way! Just London.

As Samuel Johnson said: "when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford"

I'm glad you enjoyed London. When did you visit?

Sadly(?), I have tired of London. Its impossibly crowded and nobody can afford to live there any more unless they are very rich or happen to have bagged a property in the days when they were affordable. I lived in London for quite a while (I did an MA at the Royal College of Art) and kept a rented flat there in the days when it was affordable. I quite enjoyed it then but not any more. I only live a 50 min train ride away but haven't been there for many years.

So - am I tried of life? No way! Just London.

A few years back, also earlier for the 49th commemoration of D Day. The 50th would be too much attention. We have an uncle laid to rest in the Normandy Cemetery.
I also wanted to see the Ormond St Childrens Hospital and places my parents frequented during WWII. They have (had?) a museum and their is (was?) even a better museum dedicated to it close by.
The British Govt gave a special (and highly unusual) extension to the expiring Peter Pan copyrights that help fund the hospital. My mom working for Disney way back when was part of the contract team that set up Disneys deal with the hospital.

There are amazing WW2 memorials, also some living memorials around the UK never discussed nor mentioned in travel media.

We went over to Germany the first trip to see historical WW2 sites. The Germans back then wanted nothing to do with that but we met some young Brit couples that were really keen on it and lucky enough they invited us along for a few days. ''Just act British and push on through."

A few years back, also earlier for the 49th commemoration of D Day. The 50th would be too much attention. We have an uncle laid to rest in the Normandy Cemetery.
I also wanted to see the Ormond St Childrens Hospital and places my parents frequented during WWII. They have (had?) a museum and their is (was?) even a better museum dedicated to it close by.
The British Govt gave a special (and highly unusual) extension to the expiring Peter Pan copyrights that help fund the hospital. My mom working for Disney way back when was part of the contract team that set up Disneys deal with the hospital.

There are amazing WW2 memorials, also some living memorials around the UK never discussed nor mentioned in travel media.

We went over to Germany the first trip to see historical WW2 sites. The Germans back then wanted nothing to do with that but we met some young Brit couples that were really keen on it and lucky enough they invited us along for a few days. ''Just act British and push on through."

When in London wife went to shows at night in soho, I did a few trips of my own, best was a Jack the Ripper tour. Had a drink in one of the pubs where one of his victims drank. I love London.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom