SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
9:07 PM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
I want to thank the person who told us about a really easy way of cooking corn on the cob by actually putting the cob into the microwave exactly as you buy it, without peeling it or pulling off all those stringy bits. It has completely changed the way I cook corn on the cob and made it so much easier. In my microwave it takes 5 minutes 30 seconds to produce the perfectly cooked cob. Those stringy bits all pull off early in one swift tug and then I just peel back the leaves from around the cob and I have a ready hand cold which isn't too hot to hold and my corn ready to eat. Thank you.

DSC_2060.JPG

I want to thank the person who told us about a really easy way of cooking corn on the cob by actually putting the cob into the microwave exactly as you buy it, without peeling it or pulling off all those stringy bits. It has completely changed the way I cook corn on the cob and made it so much easier. In my microwave it takes 5 minutes 30 seconds to produce the perfectly cooked cob. Those stringy bits all pull off early in one swift tug and then I just peel back the leaves from around the cob and I have a ready hand cold which isn't too hot to hold and my corn ready to eat. Thank you.

View attachment 10919

That is the way I've cooked it for decades - I can't remember how I realised it but I think it was probably from reading a microwave cookbook back in the day! Of course, cooking this way you don't get the charring which adds to the taste. I suppose it could always be charred briefly afterwards.

Back
Top Bottom