CookingBites Dish of the Month (April): Pizza

We have both torches. Craig uses the hardware store one outside to char bell peppers. It chars the skin so fast that the pepper flesh doesn't get cooked like it does if you put it in the broiler, so you can actually peel off the skin and they retain their structure, i.e. will still stand up for stuffing, etc. The skin on the peppers is the 1 thing I never liked about stuffed peppers. He also uses the torch to start the wood or charcoal in his chimney for grilling.

The culinary one we use for things like creme brulee, browning Italian or Swiss meringue, or the like, just little jobs.

Grilled pizza trio.

Cherry Bomb
Has grilled chicken, cherry preserves and whole cherries. Mozzarella, cheddar and parmigiano for cheeses.
36788-albums1020-picture7991.jpg

Moussaka
Lamb, eggplant and tomato sauce. Pecorino and Mozzarella for cheeses.
36788-albums1020-picture7990.jpg

Venetian
Sweet sopressata, balsamic onion jam, walnuts. Mozzarella and parmigiano for cheeses.
36788-albums1020-picture7989.jpg

Last edited:
Cherry Bomb
Has grilled chicken, cherry preserves and whole cherries. Mozzarella, cheddar and parmigiano for cheeses.

That is really unusual! When I saw the title I thought it would be cherry tomatoes. It sounds very interesting.

They all look good.

I didn't much like the cherry one and I love cherries. Don't really know why, it just didn't appeal. It was supposed to be a play on the traditional cherries and poultry combo. Maybe it needed duck or turkey instead of the chicken. Or maybe some heat.

I was really surprised about the moussaka one though. It was quite good, though I will cut the cubes of eggplant bigger and use more if we ever make again because the eggplant kind of disappeared.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom