CookingBites Dish of the Month (February): Frittata

Masala Frittata:

Chillies, cumin seeds, red onion, curry leaves, coriander leaves, fresh turmeric. I think I made it too thin. Frittatas ought to be chunky as in @Frizz1974's frittata, above.

fullsizeoutput_411a.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_4119.jpeg

Last edited:
Since I was the one who suggested a Frittata, I should contribute.

This simple version of a frittata is a bit lackluster in terms of ingredients. However, the addition of Canadian bacon turned out to be a surprising success.

Ingredients:
  • Canadian bacon
  • Eggs
  • Mozzarella cheese
  • Yellow & Orange peppers (They were on sale)
  • Red Onions
Post-mortem:

I wish I would have put more energy into this recipe. I threw this recipe together while working on my blog, commenting on CookingBites, editing an upcoming video, and focusing on making cauliflower pizza crust. This recipe needs more spice and flavor. Still, I was happy with the results, but I wasn't thrilled.

This simple version of a frittata is a bit lackluster in terms of ingredients.

You are saying bacon and Mozzarella are 'lacklustre'? Well, you know, I never came across Mozzarella in a frittata before so I woke up when I read that - and bacon always tastes good! Throw in a few herbs is all I could think of to add, if anything.

You are saying bacon and Mozzarella are 'lacklustre'? Well, you know, I never came across Mozzarella in a frittata before so I woke up when I read that - and bacon always tastes good! Throw in a few herbs is all I could think of to add, if anything.

Thank you for the vote of confidence.
When I said "lackluster", I meant I should have considered ingredients like chorizo or serrano peppers and some greens - Spinach, etc. Plus, I needed more eggs for the size of pan I used. (At least 3 more eggs) All of these over sites were due to a lack of recipe focus.

Again, thanks for positive words.

Plus, I needed more eggs for the size of pan I used. (At least 3 more eggs)

I made same mistake (see my first effort above). I'm using a small 20 cm cast iron pan and it takes 7 eggs to fill it, as I discovered on my second attempt (probably 8 if the filling on my second attempt hadn't contained big chunks of potato).

What is the diameter of your pan?

I made same mistake (see my first effort above). I'm using a small 20 cm cast iron pan and it takes 7 eggs to fill it, as I discovered on my second attempt (probably 8 if the filling on my second attempt hadn't contained big chunks of potato).

What is the diameter of your pan?

I was using a 25cm (10 in ) pan. Used only 5 eggs. Should have used 8 eggs.

My 11 inch pan usually takes a minimum of 12 eggs even with potatoes and broccoli (whole head) onion and peas in it.

I love the irony of the situation. I am a Tech guy, @SatNavSaysStraightOn is an IT Engineer. Somehow, I think "SatNav" should have been teleconferenced into my kitchen as I was cooking this frittata. "SatNav" could have said, "Bob, you are not using enough eggs!" Being the obstinate old MAN, I would have said, "I am using plenty eggs." SatNav would have reiterated, "Bob, you are not using enough eggs!" Of course, I would not have listened.

As usual, I would have been wrong.

Back
Top Bottom