CookingBites Dish of the Month (March): Burgers

I quite like the idea of the dinky ones - but why are they called 'sliders'?

@Karen W is partially correct with the "Why" part of it.

White_Castle_hamburger-enlarged.jpg

I apologize for the poor quality of the image. However, this is an actual photo of an authentic White Castle "slider". As @Karen W suggests the burger is small and can be consumed in one bite. However, what this picture also shows is GREASINESS of sliders. So literally these burgers slide down your throat.

I like sliders simply because I can't eat a whole burger any longer. When we do have burgers, either at home or out, I end up eating half with the bun, and then just the meat and fixings from the other half.

I started baguette dough for slider buns last night for tonight's dinner. Just got done a little bit ago adding in the rest of the flour and the salt. After an hour or so, it will get deflated, then go back in the fridge for 8 hours, after which I'll form the buns, let them rise, then bake. Craig made up the meat mixture last night so we'll just have to form the patties, cook them, and make the slaw that goes with them. Not a beef burger, although a meat, so not a traditional burger, and there's a reason I'm making a baguette bun, not a traditional slaw either.

They look delicious and I bet the sriracha mayo gives them a little extra *KICK*.

Not too much or my wife wouldn't eat them. I actually forgot the sliced fresh jalapenos that were also supposed to be on them. I'll get some more and make some ABTs.

Craig forgot he picked a couple of the shishito peppers I'm growing and used them. Guess they didn't pack much of a punch for him (I didn't try them.).

Back
Top Bottom