CookingBites dish of the month (October/November 2022): fondue

I've done it many times.

I had a non-stick fondue pot, which probably kept the meats from sticking, since I never had that problem.

I occasionally had something fall off of the fork, but not often.

As for splattering, it mostly stayed in the fondue pot. Cleaning the table afterward was no big deal. The shape of my fondue pot may have helped. It tapered in toward the top.

View attachment 92588

CD
I have the same kind of pot as you can see further on in the thread. But this was how it went for us.

No problem, we'll try something else next.

I have the same kind of pot as you can see further on in the thread. But this was how it went for us.

No problem, we'll try something else next.

I didn't go back to look for your fondue pot posted earlier in the thread. I could only see the view from the top on your final cook photo. It looked like bare stainless steel inside in that photo, which would be more likely to stick, I would think.

CD

I didn't go back to look for your fondue pot posted earlier in the thread. I could only see the view from the top on your final cook photo. It looked like bare stainless steel inside in that photo, which would be more likely to stick, I would think.

CD
It probably stuck because it got too hot at one point. We'll see what happens with the cheese fondue

We need to fondue again. Anybody get the movie reference?

Captain America, Agent Carter and Howard Stark

Anyway, i got a pot like The Melting Pot (an American chain of fondue restaurants) uses, except it has an insert so i can get 3 courses out of it without major clean up. It works on an induction burner, and we already had a tabletop one. Got fondue plates, and darn they were expensive, and forks like The Melting Pot uses as well.

bc5151_3.jpg

The only thing I don't like about fondue is all the dipping sauces that have to be made if you make an entree course.

We had a lovely feast tonight.
View attachment 95386View attachment 95387
I had classic Swiss fondue with white wine and kirsch, my husband had a cheese & sambal fondue and my friends shared a wine and herb fondue. It was all very well made and good ( unlimited) extra's like bread too. We had a great time!
That all looks wonderful!

Back
Top Bottom