CookingBites dish of the month (October/November 2022): fondue

So, I managed to make one and it was very nice. Due to weather problems, I couldn't serve it as a dipping fondue in a shared pot (absolutely torrential rain had us stranded in the house with the camping stove (a trangia) in the garage), so we opted to serve a portion each in a bowl with the veg to dip into... best I could do in the circumstances (we lost power just after I took this photo so opted to eat it whilst it was hot.)

Hubby was impressed with the vegan cheese fondue. A good thickness and creamy, cheesy and you could taste the white wine.

Last edited:
So, I managed to make one and it was very nice. Due to weather problems, I couldn't serve it as a dipping fondue in a shared pot (absolutely torrential rain had us stranded in the house with the camping stove (a trangia) in the garage), so we opted to serve a portion each in a bowl with the veg to dip into... best I could do in the circumstances (we lost power just after I took this photo so opted to eat it whilst it was hot.)

Hubby was impressed with the vegan cheese fondue. A good thickness and creamy, cheesy and you could taste the white wine.

Well done. It looks lovely and thick and creamy. I've no excuse for my failure to post a fondue yet...

Looks good, SatNavSaysStraightOn!

I posted earlier that I’ll be making a chocolate dessert fondue soon, and I bought the ingredients last week, which MrsT saw, and last night, out of nowhere, she asked, “When are we having that fondue?!” :laugh:

Hmm vegan fondue can be quite good, looks great!

Now I have to ask: who here has a fondue set? You can post photos if you do. But how do you serve fondue if (like me) you don't have one?
Well to be honest I do not but I have wanted one for awhile and am thinking of splurging on one just for this challenge and beyond LOL.

So fondue is the challenge this month?
It's not a challenge, so no judging, no winners, no need to even post a recipe (though you certainly can post a recipe if you like). It's simply the Dish of the Month (for two months!), so all you need to do is prepare something fonduey and post a pic to here to share.

It's not a challenge, so no judging, no winners, no need to even post a recipe (though you certainly can post a recipe if you like). It's simply the Dish of the Month (for two months!), so all you need to do is prepare something fonduey and post a pic to here to share.
Can I post a picture of my cheese drawer? 😂
🧀

Back
Top Bottom