CookingBites dish of the month (October/November 2022): fondue

Trying this for the first time:

View attachment 91522
When I bought this, I thought it was a big slab of cheese, but looking over the ingredients, it’s a complete fondue…experience.

It’s got the wine in there, the kirsch, the starch…it’s ready to go!

I opened it, and it’s a soft, malleable thing that sort of feels like Velveeta. I’m equally apprehensive and excited. 🤪😳

Verdict on the ALDI pre-fab fondue:

It’s good, better than ok, but not great. MrsT’s first reaction was, “Ewww, no,” but I thinned it with a bit more wine, and after a few more bites, it sort of settled in with us.

Overall grade: B-

It’s a good weeknight version, less fuss (though not much less), but it doesn’t match homemade.

Next up…some kind of dessert fondue, done in my mini-crockpot.

I gave MrsT options (milk chocolate, white chocolate, peppermint, butterscotch), and she’s chosen milk chocolate for her dessert fondue.

Reason being is due to her ongoing diet plan. Milk chocolate, IHO, is the best choice for a wide range of fruits, and fruits don’t cost her any points on WW, so she’ll just get tagged for the fondue itself.

Can we keep this thread open in November please? I had prepared everything for my fondue on saturday but I am in hospital now! So we want to do this asap when I am better but that's probably not this weekend!

Can we keep this thread open in November please? I had prepared everything for my fondue on saturday but I am in hospital now! So we want to do this asap when I am better but that's probably not this weekend!

I was thinking we should extend it through November. Not many participants so far (including me!). I also bought a fondue pot but have yet to use it. And I have no excuse...

Back
Top Bottom