CookingBites dish of the month (September 2022): stuffed peppers

Georgian style Stuffed Peppers
Someone sent me a recipe for "Georgian Stuffed Aubergines" some while ago, and I looked at the recipe and thought " Wow! That looks good!" - and then never made it.
This week I thought I´d give it a go, but instead of stuffing aubergines, I stuffed peppers with aubergines.
The walnuts are divine and, believe it or not, the fenugreek seeds really bring out the flavour of the nuts.

I'm counting 10 contributions this month - all of which look great and with lots of variety. A few days to go and I still haven't contributed. Tut tut...

I feel bad that I’m the one who suggested stuffed peppers, and then I’ve not been able to make a contribution! Stupid broken ankle.

They all look great. My husband always uses Shepherd peppers which have a short season here, and stuffs them with ground beef, rice, fresh oregano and mint.

I had to look that one up!

So did I. Turns out there they are Romano peppers which I often buy. And probably the same as red Anaheim - I think that is a US name for them as its not used here.

I feel bad that I’m the one who suggested stuffed peppers, and then I’ve not been able to make a contribution! Stupid broken ankle.

Please don't. It was a great suggestion and gave us lots of contributions. I'm the one who should feel guilty as I still have peppers in the fridge and no excuse for my not entering!

I'm the one who should feel guilty as I still have peppers in the fridge and no excuse for my not entering!
You could at least chop up one pepper and stuff it into another one - let’s see some initiative! :wink:

Seriously, this has been a good DOM, and both dishes I made for this, MrsT wrinkled her nose at first, then said she really liked them by the end.

IMG_2170.JPG

Shrimp Salad Stuffed Mini Sweet Bell Peppers, wonderful!
This was my lunch today.
I wasn't real sure I'd like this recipe, but MAN! I'll make this again to put in sandwiches or atop of bed of Mixed Green Salad, MMM!
This was the last of my Shrimp supply from the deep freeze, I'll need to start looking for more.

View attachment 90884
Shrimp Salad Stuffed Mini Sweet Bell Peppers, wonderful!
This was my lunch today.
I wasn't real sure I'd like this recipe, but MAN! I'll make this again to put in sandwiches or atop of bed of Mixed Green Salad, MMM!
This was the last of my Shrimp supply from the deep freeze, I'll need to start looking for more.

That looks fantastic - a great photo.

Back
Top Bottom