CookingBites Dish of the Month (September): Pancakes & Waffles

One advantage of having both chickens and a lemon tree is thai no planning is needed for pancakes. Pancakes in this household come with lemons and sugar by default. It's a quick and easy meal and never every turned down!

Likewise, mine virtually always come with lemon (lime in my case) and a little sugar.

I cooked these in July. I'll likely cook some more this month.

with lime 2 rf s.jpg

I finally got around to making the Buckwheat Blini yesterday, though have yet to write them up - job for another day.
But I have uploaded the images to the media gallery so can add them in here :D
I added them here as a gallery rather than individual images, to trial out features previously unused of the media gallery.

Recipe - (Dairy Free) Buckwheat Blini

Last edited:
Savory herb crepes with Brick cheese, ham, and an over easy egg.

Usually, I do these in the oven, but I happened across an all-stovetop version, but I didn't care for it. A lot more hands-on, and cooking things in batches and setting aside, then assembling later.

Normally, I've got all four sides folded over, but this wasn't cooperating today.

Stovetop or oven, delicious either way.

Brick cheese is a native Wisconsin cheese. Beside being an excellent snacking cheese, it's also integral to Detroit-style pizza.

Here's the story from one of the dominant makers:

Story of Brick Cheese | Widmer’s Cheese Cellar

That sounds like my sort of cheese. I was struck by this:

Its flavor is enhanced during ripping of the bacterium linens, the same pleasantly pungent bacterial action that contributes to the flavor of the classic French cheeses like Pont I’Eveque, St. Nectaire, Reblochon and Livarot.

I've not yet written it up but it was Indian black-eyed bean (or pea is you're in the USA) packages for our evening meal tonight. The batter was bright green last time I made them as well because of the fact you pulverize green chillies in with the garlic, ginger and onion producing a green paste that is then added to a black-eyed beans and pureed. Then only outcome along with the addition of fresh coriander is a wonderful green batter!

136-4e343c872ff662b0b7d8f8ae4b596a93.jpg

They are difficult to make, no oil needed at all, that's the trick. And you mustn't try turning them, lifting them or anything else until they are completely cooked and if they are not coming off the tawa, they are not cooked yet.

Back
Top Bottom