Coriander (cilantro) and other green herbs

Awesome! What do you use it for?

Chervil, like cilantro is a soft spice, but still contributes to flavor. Chervil is highly prized, mostly in France and you should google for usage. I have only used it once and I believe that one time was part of a salad dressing.

I should use it more often.

Yes, it would be nice to get some fresh. But I haven't seen that. I ordered what I have online.

Just imagined a cool green fresh smoothie with those wonderful green plants, maybe some avocado, spinach...a pear...

Not for sale chervil? How come?

We live in South Florida. It's hot here. We probably only had a few days this past winter when it got to freezing. We never have much of a spring, maybe 4-6 weeks, and then it's hot again until late December, early January when it cools down a little. Things like cilantro and chervil bolt, AKA go to seed and then die, in hot weather. We have a very large Latin population that uses cilantro so they grow it in cooled green houses. Chervil isn't used a lot so it wouldn't be worth it for commercial growers.

We live in South Florida. It's hot here. We probably only had a few days this past winter when it got to freezing. We never have much of a spring, maybe 4-6 weeks, and then it's hot again until late December, early January when it cools down a little. Things like cilantro and chervil bolt, AKA go to seed and then die, in hot weather. We have a very large Latin population that uses cilantro so they grow it in cooled green houses. Chervil isn't used a lot so it wouldn't be worth it for commercial growers.

I've never grown chervil -- not sure if I've ever eaten it. I have tried to grow cilantro. It doesn't survive summers in North Texas, either. I planted it in March, and by may it was dead. I don't know why I grew it -- I'm one of those people with the genetic anomaly that makes cilantro taste like soap. :facepalm:

Parsley has survived in my garden. The first time I grew curly parsley. I found it good for nothing but decorative garnish. The next time I grew Italian flat leaf parsley. I didn't use much of that, either, so I only grew it one year.

CD

decorative
It looks pretty yes! Possibly in soups I would not mind cilantro it gives a lighter scent when cooked...
Not to say I would not try strong tasting food, or just different flavours, but that particular one I grew up on was just not my wagon...
Recently I chewed upon the deco cilantro, and it was not bad at all, fresh...so as preferences change over the years, I might give it a go...

Back
Top Bottom