SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
2:03 PM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
I love middle eastern flavours, in particular the mix of ground coriander and cumin, with ginger and garlic. Sometimes I will add sweet paprika or cayenne to the mix as well, but this is one of my basic vinaigrettes.

Ingredients
1tsp ground coriander
1tbsp fresh coriander chopped
1-2tsp ground cumin
1 tbsp crushed ginger
1-2 clove garlic, crushed
125ml oil olive (or any oil you prefer)
125ml rice vinegar (or any other vinegar you prefer)
1tsp Coleman's mustard pwdr
freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
salt (to taste)

Method
Make up the Coleman's mustard powder with a touch of the oil or vinegar - just add a little of either to make a thick paste to prevent lumps of mustard powder in your vinaigrette. Now pretty much add everything else and a jar or bottle, add the made up mustard and shake well. Store in the fridge and use as wanted.

colmans mustard powder ,now thats a blast from the past!
i can see the dressing on seared scallops or over a grilled fish,i had a apple and walnut salad out last night with a very similar dressing

I live by it. Have always used it for everything. great in cheese scones or savoury dumplings, etc. You can even get it in the international isle in my local Woolies! (Supermarket in Australia for those not knowing).
Its a great product and I use it a lot too. Recently (?) French mustards like Dijon and also American style mustards seem to have taken over. They are really mild and wimpy compared to the heroic Coleman's. :laugh::D

Back
Top Bottom