Coriander tasting of soap/asaragus pee and so on

My husband and I started taking daily supplements for our eyes. One of them is Vitamin B Complex.
since we're being blunt here, within less than an hour of taking it my urine is bright orange-y/yellow and the smell is not pleasant.
And yes, Asparagus affects me too.
As to JAS_OH1 question about Chinese parsley/cilantro/coriander, I dunno. But let me tell you buddy, that taco was delicious!!! OT: I want to try their tacos de birria next time!!!

This is an interesting article (I can feel a new thread coming on)... It suggests that it is actually the ability to smell the sulphur in the urine that's the genetic bit rather than the production of the sulphurous compounds

Ability to smell 'asparagus pee' driven by genetic variations
I have never smelled asparagus pee. Mom did but she only discussed her own. Sp I don't know if I just don't generate it, or if something else is going on.

Now, I know about lobster pee. We got very inexpensive lobster when vacationing in Maine when I was a kid, and that one was a thing...

I have never smelled asparagus pee. Mom did but she only discussed her own. Sp I don't know if I just don't generate it, or if something else is going on.
I dunno either, but some asparagus affects me more than others. The really young, thin stalks (the ones I like the best) give me stronger smelling urine.

What's really funny is if I haven't eaten any for a few weeks, I forget and then am shocked and surprised for a minute!

My husband and I started taking daily supplements for our eyes. One of them is Vitamin B Complex.
since we're being blunt here, within less than an hour of taking it my urine is bright orange-y/yellow and the smell is not pleasant.
As to JAS_OH1 question about Chinese parsley/cilantro/coriander, I dunno. But let me tell you buddy, that taco was delicious!!! OT: I want to try their tacos de birria next time!!!

I recently had a blood test and doc found I was deficient in b12. I had to have 3 injections over 3 weeks. I feel like a new man now.

Russ

You take your vitamins with food and plenty of water? That does help.

I recently had a blood test and doc found I was deficient in b12. I had to have 3 injections over 3 weeks. I feel like a new man now.

Russ
Huh! I hadn't thought about that before, but I just now went and looked the jar of that Super B Complex supplement and indeed, there is B-12 in it, huh. I can't say, at least at this point, whether or not it made us feel any better though.

Huh! I hadn't thought about that before, but I just now went and looked the jar of that Super B Complex supplement and indeed, there is B-12 in it, huh. I can't say, at least at this point, whether or not it made us feel any better though.
Pretty much all b-complex will have b-12 with several others.

Coriander has that effect on some people. It´s one of those things you either love, or hate.

Its genetic with some people (this has been discussed elsewhere). I'm OK with it and I don't get that 'soapy' taste but I wouldn't say I love it. I love it sometimes (so its not love or hate). I find it is such a strong taste that it can rather dominate a dish and there have been times when I went off eating it because I'd eaten it so often.

Beets make your pee smell funny?

Beetroot can make urine look as if it has blood in it.
Yup, and your solid waste as well. The first time that happened here was after my wife had switched blood thinners, her doc told her to be wary about any excessive bleeding, including internal bleeding, and then I had the bright idea to serve roasted beets for supper one night.

That was a lesson that cost nearly $1K at the ER the next morning. 😒

Back
Top Bottom