Corningware.

BUT she doesn't cook...my husband has no say over what stays or goes in the kitchen. That's my area.
MrsTasty handles all our finances, and has done a good job of it, so most purchases go through her. That's one area where we mesh; I hate anything to do with money ('cept spending it 😬), and she hates anything to do with cooking ('cept eating it 😬), so we try to stay out of each other's way, but since, ultimately, you need money to cook, the banker usually has rank over the chef. :laugh:

MrsTasty handles all our finances, and has done a good job of it, so most purchases go through her. That's one area where we mesh; I hate anything to do with money ('cept spending it 😬), and she hates anything to do with cooking ('cept eating it 😬), so we try to stay out of each other's way, but since, ultimately, you need money to cook, the banker usually has rank over the chef. :laugh:
Oh, I see. We keep our finances separate. I pay for all household supplies and food except for the occasional trip he makes to pick up a few things, and if he is picking up an online order I have already paid for it in advance. He pays the regular bills. He doesn't cook and he doesn't clean toilets or do much other housework. I don't do yard work except for a little tending to the garden, and I take care of all the indoor plants. It works out quite well.

Oh, I see. We keep our finances separate. I pay for all household supplies and food except for the occasional trip he makes to pick up a few things, and if he is picking up an online order I have already paid for it in advance. He pays the regular bills. He doesn't cook and he doesn't clean toilets or do much other housework. I don't do yard work except for a little tending to the garden, and I take care of all the indoor plants. It works out quite well.
The last thing you ever want to do is put some cash in my pocket. I don't care if it's $10 or $1000, because:

1. It'll be gone by the end of the day

2. There will be very little to show for it

3. I'll have no idea what I spent most of it on

MrsTasty probably still has her birthday money from 1997 tucked in her bag somewhere. :laugh:

Seriously, any financial comfort we enjoy is about 15% me for earning most of it, and 85% her for earning a bit of it and managing all of it, so when she says, "We're not buying that," I (almost) always listen. :)

The last thing you ever want to do is put some cash in my pocket. I don't care if it's $10 or $1000, because:

1. It'll be gone by the end of the day

2. There will be very little to show for it

3. I'll have no idea what I spent most of it on

MrsTasty probably still has her birthday money from 1997 tucked in her bag somewhere. :laugh:

Seriously, any financial comfort we enjoy is about 15% me for earning most of it, and 85% her for earning a bit of it and managing all of it, so when she says, "We're not buying that," I (almost) always listen. :)

My wife does all the money thing as well, and does a stellar job. I had a cheque account when we went flat ting with our first child, I earnt $75 a week with first job, $40 a week second job commercial cleaning. Rent was $17 a week. I just signed the book full and she filled them in. Bought our first home about 10 years later. I never paid a bill from my account ever!! I've had my personal account for last 10 years, I just pay for things I want, gambling and drinking,lol. we still have joint account but I know nothing what's in there.

Russ

In his defense, our backyard has a lot of trees. Now granted I would pay to have the two removed that would make it possible for us to have a pool without leaves and debris constantly falling in it. And we only have about 5 months of warm weather each year, so having an in-ground pool would be far too expensive and that's why I suggested an above-ground pool that could be dissembled and stored for the winter months and be put back up in the late spring. But, since he is the one who would have to set it up and take it down, I get it. It's a lot of work.

In his defense, our backyard has a lot of trees. Now granted I would pay to have the two removed that would make it possible for us to have a pool without leaves and debris constantly falling in it. And we only have about 5 months of warm weather each year, so having an in-ground pool would be far too expensive and that's why I suggested an above-ground pool that could be dissembled and stored for the winter months and be put back up in the late spring. But, since he is the one who would have to set it up and take it down, I get it. It's a lot of work.

My son has the pull down type, takes a few hours to put it back. His kids love it in summer.

Russ

That's the ones I'm wanting to get rid of (not the jug, that's from a different set).

Ah - I thought you were talking about saucepans. I do tend to avoid any plate with a pattern or picture on it (other than the rim). I get upset by the way the pattern on the plate interferes with the arrangement/colour/shape of food on the plate. Its not good for food photography either. I also get bored looking at the same pattern/image.

You do have some other plates you don't use much, I remember.

I want a pool. He said no. I said I will pay for it. He said no. He wins. I am bummed, but oh well.
Ray tell me one time 'No' I wanted new kitchen he have new Range Rover so I say 'Husband I no get kitchen I go on strike you cook for self' Ray last five day an then he capitulate. He come in house an say OK Sarana you win this I miss what you make. I would never leave him hungry but I no tell him that!!

Sarana x

All so funny. I love bright florals and I bought all new dishes that are very bright. I love them but they are heavier than the ones that match TR's. So I tend to keep using the old ones anyway.
My wife is a money whiz and I am happy to let her deal with it. I buy whatever I want within reason, I am naturally frugal but will splurge occasionally. She is extremely frugal but when she splurges she really does it. Some years ago when we were still "new" the cigarette lighter went out in her car. Well it was a convertible so she decided she had to have a new car. She bought a Mercedes Roadster, a very fancy little thing at the time. It's still fancy and it's still in the garage but doesn't have all the smart stuff cars nowadays have. We flew out to Reno to pick it up and drove it back home. That was the last splurge I recall for her LOL.

Back
Top Bottom