Corningware.

She is extremely frugal but when she splurges she really does it.
That's exactly how my wife is. She'll drop thousands and thousands on travel, her only real passion, and she won't bat an eye at spending a few hundred on a special occasion meal, but anything else, she's tighter than a frog's butthole. :laugh:

I have a few good stories of her frugality in action, but they're impossible to tell without discussing details of our finances, so I won't. What happens with her mentally is, once money is in an account in the bank, in her mind, that money is inaccessible, almost like it's ceased to exist. Great attitude for saving money, not so much for spending it.

Our cars are old, our furniture is nearly broken down, our carpets are stained beyond cleaning...but she won't buy new stuff until something becomes inoperable. Even if she won the powerball tomorrow and had $500M to spend, she'd still be like that. She'd spend several million on a private cruise around the world, but would drive to the port in her 14yo Honda Civic. :laugh:

Must say having looked it up (we don't have it in the UK) it doesn't really appeal to me - very retro, very 70's. And yes there are 'rare' pieces which are being offered on ebay at silly prices:

But here is an interesting comparison. Same piece - wildly different prices: the first is ebay. The second is Amazon.

View attachment 41426

I have two pieces of old Corningware

I use them both frequently. Old? Yes - I have had them both for decades. There is an alpha numeric code on the rim of the lids. I would have to put the lids on a black background and use a magnifying glass to read the code. I love my corning ware. I would hate to loose them. $,$$$ each? In a heart beat!!!

View attachment 41427

Last edited by a moderator:
Surprised you don't have one rascal.

I'm not a swimmer, only ever got my confidence sticker at primary school, 5 secs with head under water and doing a starfish,lol. Athletics was a different story, I was good at that. Even joined an athletics club after school. Wife's an excellent swimmer. I like to "paddle" in the sea.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom