Recipe Cornish Pasty

Yorky

RIP 21/01/2024
Local time
9:25 PM

Ingredients.

250 ml beef stock
Olive oil
200 gms beef (minced or cubed about 5mm)
150 gms onion (chopped)
150 gms potato (peeled and diced about 5mm)
150 gms carrot (scrubbed and diced about 5mm)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 or 5 Puff pastry sheets
1 egg, beaten

Method

Fry the beef in olive oil and add to the beef stock. Similarly fry the onions and add to the beef stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for about 30 minutes.

Add the diced carrot and bring back to the boil. Simmer for another 30 minutes.

Add the diced potato, salt and pepper and bring back to the boil. Simmer until the potatoes are cooked through.

Remove from the heat and allow to cool.

Layout the puff pastry sheets and divide the cooled mixture between them. Fold over and seal the join with a fork. Nip the fold to permit any steam to escape.

Brush with the egg and cook in the oven at 180°C until golden brown.

Ingredients.

250 ml beef stock
Olive oil
200 gms beef (minced or cubed about 5mm)
150 gms onion (chopped)
150 gms potato (peeled and diced about 5mm)
150 gms carrot (scrubbed and diced about 5mm)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 or 5 Puff pastry sheets
1 egg, beaten

Method

Fry the beef in olive oil and add to the beef stock. Similarly fry the onions and add to the beef stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for about 30 minutes.

Add the diced carrot and bring back to the boil. Simmer for another 30 minutes.

Add the diced potato, salt and pepper and bring back to the boil. Simmer until the potatoes are cooked through.

Remove from the heat and allow to cool.

Layout the puff pastry sheets and divide the cooled mixture between them. Fold over and seal the join with a fork. Nip the fold to permit any steam to escape.

Brush with the egg and cook in the oven at 180°C until golden brown.

I'm trying these, a local Baker makes one that will be tough to beat. I'll try though.

Thanks

Russ

I'm trying these, a local Baker makes one that will be tough to beat. I'll try though.

Thanks

Russ

I would not even consider making my own if I could obtain good ones from a local baker. No contest.

We do have Cornish pasties obtainable from the south but not with puff pastry.

I would not even consider making my own if I could obtain good ones from a local baker. No contest.

I believe Cornish pasties are "traditionally" made with shortcrust dough. But, I like puff pastry pasties.

CD

Yorky I will try your recipe, and post, btw my ancestors come from Cornwall, I've visited where they came from. I wonder if I was genetically wired to love pasties? I will add some swede to your recipe.

Thanks

Russ

Back
Top Bottom