Recipe Cosciotto D' Agnello Alla Lisetta (Roast Stuffed Leg of Lamb)

Saranak

Local time
4:41 PM
Ciao a tutti,

So it is soon to be Easter and as usual I have the family, one husband, three children their wives and husband and three children ten in all on Easter Sunday and all will be very hungry as normal. It is couple of weeks away but I like to prepare. So I have decided that I will make a Lamb dish that again grew up with. I serve with either Polenta or potato and vegetables and salads.
I wash the Lamb and soak over night in white wine, brushing on regular.

You will need -
1 Large boned leg of Lamb. This will depend on how many you feed.
300 g Of salsiccia or any good sausage.
Stale bread no crust. This will depend on the leg, I will use half the sausage weight.
Milk.
Parmesan to taste.
Nutmeg.
Salt and Pepper.
White wine

Method -
  1. Soak the bread in the milk and squeeze.
  2. Remove the skins on the sausage then break into the bread.
  3. Put in the egg, parmesan and a little of nutmeg, salt and pepper.
  4. Fill the leg with this and tie up.
  5. Put olive oil in a large pan and brown the meat, keep moving so it is even.
  6. Add a good glass of white wine with a little salt.
  7. Put in moderate oven until tender.
Slice the meat thick.

Sarana x

Last edited by a moderator:
Buonissimo.
Oh lamb meat, it's so close to the Central-Southern Italy, a staple and I just love it immensely.

Have you ever tried lamb with lampascioni? :hungry:
I do have recipe with kid, I can share if you would like. I will need to look in my notes but it is here I certain.

Sarana x

I do have recipe with kid, I can share if you would like. I will need to look in my notes but it is here I certain.

Sarana x

I was only curious if you ever had it.. in Apulia “agnello al forno con lampascioni e patate” it’s a staple and how many of it I’ve eaten during years... when I was a young girl, I didn’t like lampascioni at all (you know, they are rather bitter) but little by little I’ve started to enjoy them and mostly with lamb and potatoes. They are also great as patties... mmmm 😋

I was only curious if you ever had it.. in Apulia “agnello al forno con lampascioni e patate” it’s a staple and how many of it I’ve eaten during years... when I was a young girl, I didn’t like lampascioni at all (you know, they are rather bitter) but little by little I’ve started to enjoy them and mostly with lamb and potatoes. They are also great as patties... mmmm 😋
I understood they are popular in Apulia I have never had though. All Italian food great, what makes me grin is peoples rave over this and that but most came from peasants who had nothing. As you understand Bella we were poor people in south. I have told Maria my daughter, throw nothing you may look for it after a few days. Preserve, dry and cure if you have oil, flour salt eggs and some vegetables you can eat. Bella meat was a luxury when a young girl, but as little we had we love life, food and family and God with grace health. Healthy Bambini a good husband I need nothing else. Forget cars and fashions, although nice, I will go barefoot to give food my family.
I will ask my Deli for lampascioni and if you can give a recipe I will try to make.

Sarana x

Back
Top Bottom