11:35 AM
Creamy Almond Butter Recipe
Yields approximately 2 cups of almond butter

Ingredients:
2 cups roasted and lightly salted almonds
4 tsp Canola oil or other light oil
1 dash sea salt, if needed
1 pinch sugar, if needed

It's super easy to make your own almond butter in a food processor to use for sandwiches, toast, desserts, and more! I like knowing that my nut butter was made with only a few simple ingredients, and it's less expensive and tastier to make it yourself. If you prefer to use raw almonds, I still recommend oven-roasting them, as it brings out the rich, nutty flavor. I purchased almonds that were already roasted and lightly salted. Either, way, it's best to warm the almonds better so they soften, as they tend to blend much more smoothly and easily that way.

For roasting your own almonds:

2 cups raw almonds
1 tbsp hot water
1/2 tsp sea salt

Place nuts in a bowl, add salt and water, toss several times until evenly distributed. Spread almonds apart onto lined baking sheet and roast for 8 minutes at 375 degrees, stir and spread, then bake for an additional 8 minutes. Allow to completely cool if not using right awa and store in airtight container until ready to use.

Directions:

If using pre-roasted almonds, warm almonds at approximately 200 degrees for 5 minutes. Transfer almonds to food processor with 2 tsps of oil and pulse until the almonds are ground finely and begin to stick together. Use a spatula to scrape inside of the food processor as needed. Add remaining oil and continue to blend until it's the desired consistency. It takes a bit more time with almonds than it does with some other nut butters, so be patient. Add salt and sugar to taste (I did not add any of either).

Put nut butter in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for future use.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom