Dairy free margarine

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
3:16 PM
Butter only here since I read Marge is nearly plastic. Being a large dairy supplier to the world we can buy butter easily. 1 lb. Blocks or .500gm.
I usually have about 10 lb in the fridge I the garage. I've posted a pic of my stocks ages ago.

Russ

JAS_OH1

Legendary Member
Local time
9:16 PM
Butter only here since I read Marge is nearly plastic. Being a large dairy supplier to the world we can buy butter easily. 1 lb. Blocks or .500gm.
I usually have about 10 lb in the fridge I the garage. I've posted a pic of my stocks ages ago.

Russ
I remember seeing it.

Not all margarine is hydrogenated or contains transfats. But I love butter!

caseydog

Forum GOD!
Local time
8:16 PM

Russ

I got curious, and took a look, and NZ does produce a lot of butter for its size as a country. Almost half of the entire US, a much larger country. What blew my mind was the top producing nation, by a huge amount... India. More than six times what the US produces.

CD

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
3:16 PM
I got curious, and took a look, and NZ does produce a lot of butter for its size as a country. Almost half of the entire US, a much larger country. What blew my mind was the top producing nation, by a huge amount... India. More than six times what the US produces.

CD
Nz is a huge supplier of milk powder. Westland dairy factory is huge and was 1 of my best customers.

Russ

caseydog

Forum GOD!
Local time
8:16 PM
Nz is a huge supplier of milk powder. Westland dairy factory is huge and was 1 of my best customers.

Russ

Was your "shocked" emoji because of India being the biggest producer in the world? They well exceeded the entire EU, the US and NZ combined!

CD

Timenspace

Veteran
Local time
3:16 AM
I can relate. The first time I ever had real butter I was a sophomore in high school (grade 10 out of 1-12) and went to a friend's house for dinner. They only used real butter in their house. After that I never used margarine (or sparingly), and after I moved out on my own I only bought real butter.

Which makes me remember how inexpensive it was back then compared to now. Even last year it was about 1/2 the price it is now 😔
Yes, prices have gone up here too, we are still coming to terms with it.

Top Bottom