Dairy free margarine

I avoid margarine like the plague. An overdose of cheap and nasty margarine when I was young has created a life long aversion to the stuff.
No idea it had butter in it!
Hey, someone else like me!

I already posted about it somewhere else (it's a gross story) but the smell still makes me gag.

Butter only here since I read Marge is nearly plastic. Being a large dairy supplier to the world we can buy butter easily. 1 lb. Blocks or .500gm.
I usually have about 10 lb in the fridge I the garage. I've posted a pic of my stocks ages ago.

Russ

Butter only here since I read Marge is nearly plastic. Being a large dairy supplier to the world we can buy butter easily. 1 lb. Blocks or .500gm.
I usually have about 10 lb in the fridge I the garage. I've posted a pic of my stocks ages ago.

Russ
I remember seeing it.

Not all margarine is hydrogenated or contains transfats. But I love butter!

Russ

I got curious, and took a look, and NZ does produce a lot of butter for its size as a country. Almost half of the entire US, a much larger country. What blew my mind was the top producing nation, by a huge amount... India. More than six times what the US produces.

CD

I got curious, and took a look, and NZ does produce a lot of butter for its size as a country. Almost half of the entire US, a much larger country. What blew my mind was the top producing nation, by a huge amount... India. More than six times what the US produces.

CD
Nz is a huge supplier of milk powder. Westland dairy factory is huge and was 1 of my best customers.

Russ

Nz is a huge supplier of milk powder. Westland dairy factory is huge and was 1 of my best customers.

Russ

Was your "shocked" emoji because of India being the biggest producer in the world? They well exceeded the entire EU, the US and NZ combined!

CD

I can relate. The first time I ever had real butter I was a sophomore in high school (grade 10 out of 1-12) and went to a friend's house for dinner. They only used real butter in their house. After that I never used margarine (or sparingly), and after I moved out on my own I only bought real butter.

Which makes me remember how inexpensive it was back then compared to now. Even last year it was about 1/2 the price it is now 😔
Yes, prices have gone up here too, we are still coming to terms with it.

Back
Top Bottom